Old 06-10-2008, 11:29 PM
Johnny Hughes

Default yum upgrade 4.3 -> current ?

Karanbir Singh wrote:

Matt Hyclak wrote:
If it were me, I would download the latest yum+dependencies and
install them

via rpm before trying to debug an old yum.

Absolutely. Make sure you get the newer yum with the yum-metadataparser,
That helps a lot with ram usage and also speed of the transactions.

yum install yum-metadata-parser

Old 06-10-2008, 11:31 PM
Florin Andrei

Chris Boyd wrote:
Got a box running 4.3 x86 and we're trying up get it updated to 4.6, but
yum is consuming all available memory (1GB) and swap (2GB), and then the
oom starts killing processes.

I've disabled all the optional repositories, done yum clean all, and
still have the same problem even if I try to just update a specific
package.

Google got me this link, but no obvious resolution:
http://www.centos.org/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?forum=8&topic_id=5588&viewmode=flat

Any pointers appreciated.

Backup, format, install, restore. ;-)

--
Florin Andrei

http://florin.myip.org/

Old 06-10-2008, 11:40 PM
Scott Silva

on 6-10-2008 12:29 PM Chris Boyd spake the following: