-   -   request for procedure to rebuild distribution (http://www.linux-archive.org/centos/100671-request-procedure-rebuild-distribution.html)

"Kevin C. Abbey" 06-04-2008 01:28 PM

request for procedure to rebuild distribution

Hi,

Where can I find the automated procedure to rebuild the CentOS distribution?

I'd like to optimize for the AMD barcelona.

Thank you,
Kevin

--
Kevin C. Abbey
System Administrator

Karanbir Singh 06-04-2008 02:06 PM

Kevin C. Abbey wrote:

Hi,

Where can I find the automated procedure to rebuild the CentOS
distribution?

I'd like to optimize for the AMD barcelona.

I'm guessing you only need to rebuild a few packages, why not build them
locally, use your own distro tag, and yum install them post install.

Johnny Hughes 06-04-2008 02:25 PM

Kevin C. Abbey wrote:

Hi,

Where can I find the automated procedure to rebuild the CentOS
distribution?

I'd like to optimize for the AMD barcelona.

There is no automated procedure to rebuild the distro ... there is
gentoo for that though.