Old 06-03-2008, 10:29 PM
Dick Roth

Default Network problems on new CentOS 5 install on P35, ICH9R mobo

Juan C. Valido wrote:

On Tue, 2008-06-03 at 06:09 -0400, Dick Roth wrote:
Had to replace dying cpu and mobo, so also replaced IDE with new SATA
drive. Installed from latest ISO onto SATA and can't get networking to
lease an IP address from my ISP (Comcast). The network utility always
comes up with a private address (192.168.0.2) instead of Comcast IP.

To add to confusion, if I boot into old IDE drive, I get proper network
connection to internet, but lose my swap!

Particulars:

mobo=Gigabyte P35-DS3R
SATA Controller=AHCI
PATA Controller=JMicron 20360
new drive=ATA WDC WD1600AAJS-2
old drive=WDC WD400JB-00JJA0
DVD-RW=Pioneer DVR-112D (PATA)
NICs=eth0=Realtek RTL-8029(AS) (DHCP)
eth1=Realtek RTL-8029(AS) (Static)

Has anyone seen this? Will 5.2 help with this situation? Been working
on this for days!

Thanks,
Dick

If it helps any, I tried installing 5,1 on a P35-DS3L and I believe I
had issues with the network card, loaded RHEL 5.2 desktop and everything
worked so maybe 5.2 will work for you.

Thanks for the info, Juan. I'll just hold tight until 5.2 comes down
the pike.

Dick

--Benjamin Franklin 1775

Old 06-03-2008, 10:49 PM
Ned Slider

Dick Roth wrote:

Juan C. Valido wrote:

[...]

Release notes list the following Realtek drivers added, but I don't see
yours mentions:

http://www.redhat.com/docs/en-US/Red_Hat_Enterprise_Linux/5.2/html/Release_Notes/x86/ar01s01.html

Network driver r8169 updated to add support for the following devices:

RTL8169sb/8110sb
RTL8169sc/8110sc
RTL8168b/8111b
RTL8101e