-   -   new pages (http://www.linux-archive.org/centos-docs/98229-new-pages.html)

"Riaan Van Niekerk" 05-30-2008 06:33 PM

new pages

username: RiaanVanNiekerk

What

page detailing official vendor support statements for CentOS, actual/current, pending or requested. E.g. using as a base content available on
http://blog.danieldk.org/post/2008/04/09/CentOS-vendor-support

Where
At http://wiki.centos.org/, under Additional Resources, a new page for Software (similar to HardwareList)

What

fix http://wiki.centos.org/FAQ/General , question 11, which is

a) incomplete/outdated since it does not mention Advanced Platform, only AS
b) incorrect, since there is no difference between the kernels that ship with AS and ES. Only the SLA differs.

--
Riaan van Niekerk

+27 82 921 8768
riaanvn@gmail.com

Ralph Angenendt 05-31-2008 02:09 PM

new pages

Riaan Van Niekerk wrote:
> username: RiaanVanNiekerk
> page detailing official vendor support statements for CentOS,
> actual/current, pending or requested. E.g. using as a base content available
> on
> http://blog.danieldk.org/post/2008/04/09/CentOS-vendor-support

Let me get back to you on Sunday evening or on Monday, I am at the
moment busy here at Linuxtag in Berlin. But thank you for your offer to
maintain some pages on the Wiki.

Sorry that I can't really answer you sooner.

Ralph

Ralph Angenendt 06-03-2008 01:14 PM

new pages

Riaan Van Niekerk wrote:
> Where
> At http://wiki.centos.org/, under Additional Resources, a new page for
> Software (similar to HardwareList)

You now have access to anything under
http://wiki.centos.org/AdditionalResources - and I even made you a link
already. Get wild on there :)

Alain: I want to move Repositories, HardwareList and Mirrors under that
link also and do a #REDIRECT on the old pages. Can we move the spanish
pages to that as well?

It's fairly easy: Just move the page to AdditionalSoftware, then
recreate the old page with the sole content

#REDIRECT AdditionalRessources/HardwareList

for example.

See "http://wiki.centos.org/WikiSandBox/Foo?action=edit".

> fix http://wiki.centos.org/FAQ/General , question 11, which is
> a) incomplete/outdated since it does not mention Advanced Platform, only AS
> b) incorrect, since there is no difference between the kernels that ship
> with AS and ES. Only the SLA differs.

That page is a bit harder to get by, ACL-wise. Can you just write what
you want to write as an answer there and let me put that into the FAQ?

We are trying to reorganize the way the wiki is run, but for now that
seems the best way for me.

Cheers,

Ralph

"Alain Reguera Delgado" 06-04-2008 12:01 AM

new pages

On 6/3/08, Ralph Angenendt <ra+centos@br-online.de> wrote:

> Alain: I want to move Repositories, HardwareList and Mirrors under that
> link also and do a #REDIRECT on the old pages. Can we move the spanish
> pages to that as well?
>
> It's fairly easy: Just move the page to AdditionalSoftware, then
> recreate the old page with the sole content
>
> #REDIRECT AdditionalRessources/HardwareList
>
> for example.
>
> See "http://wiki.centos.org/WikiSandBox/Foo?action=edit".

Ok.

Try the following urls to see if that is what we need:

http://wiki.centos.org/es/Repositories
http://wiki.centos.org/es/HardwareList
http://wiki.centos.org/es/Mirrors
http://wiki.centos.org/es/AdditionalResources/

Cheers,
al.

Ralph Angenendt 06-04-2008 08:31 AM

new pages

Alain Reguera Delgado wrote:
> On 6/3/08, Ralph Angenendt <ra+centos@br-online.de> wrote:
> Try the following urls to see if that is what we need:
>
> http://wiki.centos.org/es/Repositories

At least here I can see that it needs a tad more doing, as for example
the "How to install RPMForge" link does not work. These pages probably
need moving, too.

It doesn't move pages recursively :)

Cheers,

Ralph

"Alain Reguera Delgado" 06-04-2008 05:59 PM

new pages

On 6/4/08, Ralph Angenendt <ra+centos@br-online.de> wrote:
> Alain Reguera Delgado wrote:
>> On 6/3/08, Ralph Angenendt <ra+centos@br-online.de> wrote:
>> Try the following urls to see if that is what we need:
>>
>> http://wiki.centos.org/es/Repositories
>
> At least here I can see that it needs a tad more doing, as for example
> the "How to install RPMForge" link does not work. These pages probably
> need moving, too.
>
> It doesn't move pages recursively :)

Yes. Also CentOSPlus page was in the same situation than RPMForge one.
Take a look, are they ok now ?

Are you planning other modifications ? for example rename pages like:

PackageManagement/Yum
PackageManagement/Yum/FastestMirror
PackageManagement/Yum/Priorities
PackageManagement/Yum/ProtectBase

HowTo/PackageManagement/Yum
HowTo/PackageManagement/Yum/FastestMirror
HowTo/PackageManagement/Yum/Priorities
HowTo/PackageManagement/Yum/ProtectBase

or something like that ... I would like to move them in es/ too.

Cheers,
al.

Ralph Angenendt 06-04-2008 06:23 PM

new pages

Alain Reguera Delgado wrote:
> On 6/4/08, Ralph Angenendt <ra+centos@br-online.de> wrote:
> > It doesn't move pages recursively :)
>
> Yes. Also CentOSPlus page was in the same situation than RPMForge one.
> Take a look, are they ok now ?

I will.

> Are you planning other modifications ? for example rename pages like:
>
> PackageManagement/Yum

> HowTo/PackageManagement/Yum

Not at the moment. I wanted to clean up the FrontPage a bit and just put
*one* link to additional resources there.

Ralph

Ralph Angenendt 06-04-2008 07:26 PM

new pages

Alain Reguera Delgado wrote:
> Yes. Also CentOSPlus page was in the same situation than RPMForge one.
> Take a look, are they ok now ?

http://wiki.centos.org/es/AdditionalResources/Repositories/CentOSPlus/CentOSWebStack

is missing. As are all the subpages under

http://wiki.centos.org/es/AdditionalResources/HardwareList/

Cheers,

Ralph - who still has to move the repository stuff.

"Alain Reguera Delgado" 06-04-2008 11:00 PM

new pages

On 6/4/08, Ralph Angenendt <ra+centos@br-online.de> wrote:
> http://wiki.centos.org/es/AdditionalResources/Repositories/CentOSPlus/CentOSWebStack
>
> is missing. As are all the subpages under
>
> http://wiki.centos.org/es/AdditionalResources/HardwareList/

We have no pages under es/AdditionalResources/HardwareList . Yes, it
is a bit out of date at the moment. We need volunteers' help, I think.

> Ralph - who still has to move the repository stuff.

After that, is possible that the following address

http://wiki.centos.org/es/AdditionalResources/Repositories/CentOSPlus/CentOSWebStack

uses the Daniel's redirection code to show the English one.
CentOSWebStack hasn't been Spanish translated yet.

Cheers,
al.

Ralph Angenendt 06-05-2008 08:50 AM

new pages

Alain Reguera Delgado wrote:
> On 6/4/08, Ralph Angenendt <ra+centos@br-online.de> wrote:
> > http://wiki.centos.org/es/AdditionalResources/Repositories/CentOSPlus/CentOSWebStack
> >
> > is missing. As are all the subpages under
> >
> > http://wiki.centos.org/es/AdditionalResources/HardwareList/
>
> We have no pages under es/AdditionalResources/HardwareList . Yes, it
> is a bit out of date at the moment. We need volunteers' help, I think.

Ah, okay. And with regard to volunteers - yes. See the opening up the
wiki thread ...

> > Ralph - who still has to move the repository stuff.
>
> After that, is possible that the following address
>
> http://wiki.centos.org/es/AdditionalResources/Repositories/CentOSPlus/CentOSWebStack
>
> uses the Daniel's redirection code to show the English one.
> CentOSWebStack hasn't been Spanish translated yet.

Yes, it will. I'm trying to do it today.

Ralph