Old 06-07-2008, 02:00 PM
"Alan Bartlett"

Default Article for wiki consideration

On 07/06/2008, Scott Robbins <scottro@nyc.rr.com> wrote:
Before I go ahead, Ralph, would you look at the latest version
http://home.nyc.rr.com/computertaijutsu/vserver.html and let me know if
you consider the first few paragraphs about the kernel adequate for

CentOS needs?
Very first link (http://home.nyc.rr.com/computertaijutsu/centoskvm) doesn't point to anywhere sensible.

Alan.

Old 06-07-2008, 02:02 PM
"Alan Bartlett"

On 07/06/2008, Akemi Yagi <amyagi@gmail.com> wrote:
Or... the custom kernel page has this code to make a red warning box:

||<bgcolor="#ff8080">** warning text here** ||
Red, to me, is #FF0000. :-D

Alan.

Old 06-07-2008, 02:03 PM
Scott Robbins

On Sat, Jun 07, 2008 at 03:01:18PM +0200, Ralph Angenendt wrote:
> Scott Robbins wrote:
> > On Sat, Jun 07, 2008 at 01:20:44PM +0200, Ralph Angenendt wrote:
> > > Okay, I gave ScottRobbins the permissions for the Vserver article
> > > (linked from HowTos under virtualization).
> >
> > Before I go ahead, Ralph, would you look at the latest version
> > http://home.nyc.rr.com/computertaijutsu/vserver.html and let me know if
> > you consider the first few paragraphs about the kernel adequate for
> > CentOS needs?
>
> Put it in red

I put the important note part in red, hopefully, that's sufficient. (I
was having trouble formatting the whole table.)

--
Scott Robbins
PGP keyID EB3467D6

Riley: Way I heard it. You were all peaceable now. You didn't by
any chance go and lose that pesky soul again, did you?
Angel: Don't push me, boy.
Riley: Now what possibly could've happened with Buffy that would
make you lose your soul?
Angel: That'd be between me and her.
Riley: Where do you think you're going?
Angel: Going to see an old girlfriend.

Old 06-07-2008, 02:06 PM
Scott Robbins

On Sat, Jun 07, 2008 at 06:40:14AM -0700, Akemi Yagi wrote:
> On Sat, Jun 7, 2008 at 6:01 AM, Ralph Angenendt <ra+centos@br-online.de> wrote:
> > Scott Robbins wrote:
> >>
> >> Before I go ahead, Ralph, would you look at the latest version
> >> http://home.nyc.rr.com/computertaijutsu/vserver.html and let me know if
> >> you consider the first few paragraphs about the kernel adequate for
> >> CentOS needs?
> >
> > Put it in red
> >
> > See
> > <http://wiki.centos.org/ArtWork/WikiDesign/modern-CentOS#head-6c278f4d461a74ef56c974f01177021592af5e81>
>
> Or... the custom kernel page has this code to make a red warning box:
>
> ||<bgcolor="#ff8080"> warning text here ||

That's what I'd thought but it didn't come out right. I used a deeper
red though, #FF0000

--
Scott Robbins
PGP keyID EB3467D6
( 1B48 077D 66F6 9DB0 FDC2 A409 FA54 EB34 67D6 )

Wesley: The Council's orders are to concentrate on the...
Buffy: Orders. I don't think I'm going to be taking any more
orders. Not from you, not from them.
Wesley: You can't turn your back on the Council.
Buffy: They're in England. I don't think they can tell which way
my back is facing.

Old 06-07-2008, 02:08 PM
Scott Robbins

On Sat, Jun 07, 2008 at 03:00:20PM +0100, Alan Bartlett wrote:
> On 07/06/2008, Scott Robbins <scottro@nyc.rr.com> wrote:
>
> Before I go ahead, Ralph, would you look at the latest version
> http://home.nyc.rr.com/computertaijutsu/vserver.html and let me know if
> you consider the first few paragraphs about the kernel adequate for
> CentOS needs?
>

> Very first link (http://home.nyc.rr.com/computertaijutsu/centoskvm) doesn't
> point to anywhere sensible.

Now it does. I was having some link editing problems. It's a bit
different than our wiki at work.

--
Scott Robbins
PGP keyID EB3467D6
( 1B48 077D 66F6 9DB0 FDC2 A409 FA54 EB34 67D6 )

Anya: Men like sports. I'm sure of it.
Xander: Yes. Men like sports. Men watch the action movie, they
eat of the beef, and they enjoy to look at the bosoms. A thousand
years of avenging our wrongs, and that's all you've learned?

Old 06-07-2008, 02:15 PM
"Alan Bartlett"

On 07/06/2008, Scott Robbins <scottro@nyc.rr.com> wrote:
On Sat, Jun 07, 2008 at 03:00:20PM +0100, Alan Bartlett wrote:
> Very first link (http://home.nyc.rr.com/computertaijutsu/centoskvm) doesn't
> point to anywhere sensible.

Now it does.**I was having some link editing problems.**It's a bit
different than our wiki at work.
Still points to the Road Runner site displaying
Quote:

Sorry, the page you requested was not found.

Please go to our web site to find out more about the Road Runner service which connects its customers' home PCs to the Internet at unparalleled speeds.

for me. D'oh.

Alan.

Old 06-07-2008, 02:23 PM
Scott Robbins

On Sat, Jun 07, 2008 at 03:15:43PM +0100, Alan Bartlett wrote:
> On 07/06/2008, Scott Robbins <scottro@nyc.rr.com> wrote:
>

> Still points to the Road Runner site displaying

Quote:

> Sorry, the page you requested was not found.
>
> Please go to our web site to find out more about the Road Runner service which
> connects its customers' home PCs to the Internet at unparalleled speeds.
>

> for me. D'oh.

Did you refresh your browser? That first link now points to my KVM
article on the wiki.

--
Scott Robbins
PGP keyID EB3467D6
( 1B48 077D 66F6 9DB0 FDC2 A409 FA54 EB34 67D6 )

Willow: The only solution is the final solution.
Xander: Nuke the school? I like that.
Willow: Not quite. Exorcism.
Cordelia: Are you crazy? I saw that movie. Even the priest died.

Old 06-07-2008, 02:34 PM
"Alan Bartlett"

On 07/06/2008, Scott Robbins <scottro@nyc.rr.com> wrote:
On Sat, Jun 07, 2008 at 03:15:43PM +0100, Alan Bartlett wrote:
> Still points to the Road Runner site displaying

Quote:

>******************Sorry, the page you requested was not found.
>

> Please go to our web site to find out more about the Road Runner service which
> connects its customers' home PCs to the Internet at unparalleled speeds.
>

> for me. D'oh.

Did you refresh your browser?**That first link now points to my KVM
article on the wiki.
Yep. And still no-go for me. Anyone else care to comment before I get Scott to pull out the rest of his hair?

Alan.

Old 06-07-2008, 02:51 PM
"Akemi Yagi"

On Sat, Jun 7, 2008 at 7:34 AM, Alan Bartlett <ajb.stxsl@googlemail.com> wrote:
> On 07/06/2008, Scott Robbins <scottro@nyc.rr.com> wrote:
>>
>> On Sat, Jun 07, 2008 at 03:15:43PM +0100, Alan Bartlett wrote:
>> > Still points to the Road Runner site displaying

Quote:

>> > Sorry, the page you requested was not found.
>> >
>> > Please go to our web site to find out more about the Road Runner service
>> > which
>> > connects its customers' home PCs to the Internet at unparalleled speeds.
>> >

>> > for me. D'oh.
>>

>> Did you refresh your browser? That first link now points to my KVM
>> article on the wiki.
>
> Yep. And still no-go for me. Anyone else care to comment before I get Scott
> to pull out the rest of his hair?
>
> Alan.

Working fine for me -- pointing to his Centos Wiki article... (saving
Scott's hair)

Akemi

Old 06-07-2008, 03:16 PM
Ned Slider

Alan Bartlett wrote:

Still points to the Road Runner site displaying
Quote:

Sorry, the page you requested was not found.

Please go to our web site to find out more about the Road Runner service

which

connects its customers' home PCs to the Internet at unparalleled speeds.
for me. D'oh.

Did you refresh your browser? That first link now points to my KVM
article on the wiki.

Yep. And still no-go for me. Anyone else care to comment before I get Scott
to pull out the rest of his hair?

Alan.

Doesn't work for me either Alan. We are talking about the *KVM's* link
in the first papa pointing here:

http://home.nyc.rr.com/computertaijutsu/centoskvm

Gives: "Sorry, the page you requested was not found."

Maybe the Interwebby is just a bit slow in the UK at finding pages today