Old 05-26-2008, 08:10 PM
Ralph Angenendt

Default That time of year again ...

Hey,

another release is getting ready to be done and - as the last times
- we want to have translated release notes on the wiki.

First: I would like to apologize for taking that long to put the
translator's names on the wiki. Real life somehow came in the way
shortly after the last release and after that I just completely forgot
about that. But all names are now there.

So: We have preliminary release notes (really, those aren't ready yet,
but will be filled over the next days) at
<http://wiki.centos.org/Manuals/ReleaseNotes/CentOS5.2>.

So if you could take a look at those and also get the translators ready

Everyone on <http://wiki.centos.org/TranslationGroup> has write access
there and can create new pages. If you find other people who need access
there, they should send me a mail stating so.

Do not bother about the stuff under
<http://wiki.centos.org/Manuals/ReleaseNotes/CentOS5.2/Stub>, which are
the release notes which go on the ISOs. I already "translated" all of
those, we just moved 5.1 to 5.2 in there. If you have a language which
is not there yet, then please tell me so (and give me a translation).

So: If you want to begin translating - do so. The Release Notes are a
moving target, so please watch that page for changes.

Thank you all in advance, have fun translating - and: I promise that the
names will go up faster this time (or just put them there yourselves)
=

Cheers,

Ralph

Old 05-26-2008, 09:12 PM
"Akemi Yagi"

On Mon, May 26, 2008 at 1:10 PM, Ralph Angenendt <ra+centos@br-online.de> wrote:
> Hey,
>
> another release is getting ready to be done and - as the last times
> - we want to have translated release notes on the wiki.
>
> So: We have preliminary release notes (really, those aren't ready yet,
> but will be filled over the next days) at
> <http://wiki.centos.org/Manuals/ReleaseNotes/CentOS5.2>.
>
> So if you could take a look at those and also get the translators ready
>
> Everyone on <http://wiki.centos.org/TranslationGroup> has write access
> there and can create new pages. If you find other people who need access
> there, they should send me a mail stating so.

> So: If you want to begin translating - do so. The Release Notes are a
> moving target, so please watch that page for changes.

Range, could you add the #acl line to the 'Japanese' page I just
initiated? This requires the admin rights, so you would need to do
the same to other language pages as well.

Thanks,

Akemi

Old 05-26-2008, 09:31 PM
Ralph Angenendt

Akemi Yagi wrote:
> Range, could you add the #acl line to the 'Japanese' page I just
> initiated? This requires the admin rights, so you would need to do
> the same to other language pages as well.

The access rights are recursing down the wiki - normally nobody except
people in EditGroup, TranslationGroup and some with elevated admin
rights is able to write there. But Translationgroup should be able to
write there, as the page above that has the correct ACLs.

Cheers,

Ralph

Old 05-26-2008, 10:36 PM
"Akemi Yagi"

On Mon, May 26, 2008 at 2:31 PM, Ralph Angenendt <ra+centos@br-online.de> wrote:

> The access rights are recursing down the wiki - normally nobody except
> people in EditGroup, TranslationGroup and some with elevated admin
> rights is able to write there. But Translationgroup should be able to
> write there, as the page above that has the correct ACLs.

Indeed. I had forgotten about that.

Akemi