Old 05-23-2008, 03:22 PM
Ralph Angenendt

Default modern-CentOS-1.10

Tim Verhoeven wrote:
> I don't want to inconvenience anyone but I do prefer a small border on
> the left and right side of the page. To my feeling there isn't enough
> bordering (in general sence) to guide my eyes. It doesn't have to be
> much (2 or 3 squares I would say).

Let me give you a hug >

Cheers,

Ralph

Old 05-23-2008, 03:22 PM
Ralph Angenendt

Akemi Yagi wrote:
> On Fri, May 23, 2008 at 8:09 AM, Ralph Angenendt <ra+centos@br-online.de> wrote:
>
> > If nobody has any problems with the updated layout - I want my borders
> > back! > - I'll apply that to the main wiki over the weekend.
>
> Could you please consider making the borders narrower? Yes, the same
> petition all over again... :-D
>
> Akemi (now begging)

*WHICH* borders? There are NONE.

Ralph

Old 05-23-2008, 03:27 PM
"Akemi Yagi"

On Fri, May 23, 2008 at 8:22 AM, Ralph Angenendt <ra+centos@br-online.de> wrote:
> Akemi Yagi wrote:
>> On Fri, May 23, 2008 at 8:09 AM, Ralph Angenendt <ra+centos@br-online.de> wrote:
>>
>> > If nobody has any problems with the updated layout - I want my borders
>> > back! > - I'll apply that to the main wiki over the weekend.
>>
>> Could you please consider making the borders narrower? Yes, the same
>> petition all over again... :-D
>>
>> Akemi (now begging)
>
> *WHICH* borders? There are NONE.
>
> Ralph

Let me rephrase. When you put the borders back to wiki-m, use the
borders narrower than what we see at wiki.centos.org.

Akemi

Old 05-23-2008, 03:31 PM
Ralph Angenendt

Tim Verhoeven wrote:
> I don't want to inconvenience anyone but I do prefer a small border on
> the left and right side of the page. To my feeling there isn't enough
> bordering (in general sence) to guide my eyes. It doesn't have to be
> much (2 or 3 squares I would say).

If we do that: Do we want to go for circles or for squares? I'm for
circles (see the Red Hat similarity discussion):

<http://wiki.centos.org/ArtWork/WikiDesign/modern-CentOS>

Ralph

Old 05-23-2008, 03:36 PM
"Tim Verhoeven"

On Fri, May 23, 2008 at 5:31 PM, Ralph Angenendt <ra+centos@br-online.de> wrote:
> Tim Verhoeven wrote:
>> I don't want to inconvenience anyone but I do prefer a small border on
>> the left and right side of the page. To my feeling there isn't enough
>> bordering (in general sence) to guide my eyes. It doesn't have to be
>> much (2 or 3 squares I would say).
>
> If we do that: Do we want to go for circles or for squares? I'm for
> circles (see the Red Hat similarity discussion):
>
> <http://wiki.centos.org/ArtWork/WikiDesign/modern-CentOS>

ACK, Circles please.

Regards,
Tim

P.S. If anyone is willing to make a bg like the squares and circles
but using diamonds (e.g. a square rotated 45), please do so and put
them on the wiki. I have a feeling that that would also look nice.

(Linus Torvalds)

Old 05-23-2008, 04:09 PM
"Tim Verhoeven"

On Fri, May 23, 2008 at 5:36 PM, Tim Verhoeven
<tim.verhoeven.be@gmail.com> wrote:

> P.S. If anyone is willing to make a bg like the squares and circles
> but using diamonds (e.g. a square rotated 45), please do so and put
> them on the wiki. I have a feeling that that would also look nice.

I've created a quick version of what I mean and put it on the wiki
page (http://wiki.centos.org/ArtWork/WikiDesign/modern-CentOS). It
isn't perfect (color and spacing is a bit off), but it shows my idea.

Regards,
Tim

(Linus Torvalds)