Old 06-03-2008, 04:52 PM
Ralph Angenendt

Default Opening of the Wiki - Part I

Tim Verhoeven wrote:
> For me people don't need to be subscribe (as in must), but they are
> encouraged to do so (as in may). Can people not subscribe to
> centos-docs mail to it ?

Not at the moment (and I don't want to really open it up for that,
because then we're open to spam).

It can be done so that mails to the list go to the moderators (see one
of my other mails) of centos-docs.

Cheers,

Ralph

Old 06-03-2008, 05:05 PM
"Tim Verhoeven"

On Tue, Jun 3, 2008 at 6:52 PM, Ralph Angenendt <ra+centos@br-online.de> wrote:
> Tim Verhoeven wrote:
>> For me people don't need to be subscribe (as in must), but they are
>> encouraged to do so (as in may). Can people not subscribe to
>> centos-docs mail to it ?
>
> Not at the moment (and I don't want to really open it up for that,
> because then we're open to spam).
>
> It can be done so that mails to the list go to the moderators (see one
> of my other mails) of centos-docs.

To the moderators it is then :-)

Regards,
Tim

(Linus Torvalds)

Old 06-03-2008, 05:30 PM
Matt Hyclak

On Tue, Jun 03, 2008 at 07:05:57PM +0200, Tim Verhoeven enlightened us:
> > Tim Verhoeven wrote:
> >> For me people don't need to be subscribe (as in must), but they are
> >> encouraged to do so (as in may). Can people not subscribe to
> >> centos-docs mail to it ?
> >
> > Not at the moment (and I don't want to really open it up for that,
> > because then we're open to spam).
> >
> > It can be done so that mails to the list go to the moderators (see one
> > of my other mails) of centos-docs.
>
> To the moderators it is then :-)

This all sounds reasonable to me. Count me in.

Matt

--
Matt Hyclak
Department of Mathematics

Old 06-03-2008, 10:03 PM
"Alan Bartlett"

On 03/06/2008, Ralph Angenendt <ra+centos@br-online.de> wrote:
Ralph Angenendt wrote:
> Moin as we know it cannot do that on the account creation page. So there
> would be two solutions: Allow everyone to edit content everywhere except
> on especially hidden or protected pages and/or create a new account

> creation mechanism for moin. Or as a third way: Require people to mail
> their account names to the above mentioned editor team with some
> "signed" text we'd still have to write up. Then - in a timely fashion -

> one of this editor group can put that account on the EditGroup page.

Okay, this has gone to sleep.

I'd like to know two things:

1:
Who would like to be on an editorial team for the wiki? That means that

you must monitor changes to all pages.
I would be willing to give that a go - assuming that I would be accepted.

Alan.

Old 06-03-2008, 10:34 PM
Ralph Angenendt

Alan Bartlett wrote:
> > Who would like to be on an editorial team for the wiki? That means that
> > you must monitor changes to all pages.
>
> I would be willing to give that a go - assuming that I would be accepted.

The more, the merrier >

Cheers,

Ralph