Old 11-30-2007, 07:51 AM
Dag Wieers

Default MoinMoin TableOfContents

Hi,

I constantly find myself fighting the wiki syntax. Today the problem is
that I want a TableOfContents that does NOT include the page title.

To be honest, I do not understand why the page title (level 1) is included
in the TOC, and why it does not appear in the head-title (<head><title>).

I found with Google that there is a syntax like:

[[TableOfContents(4,2)]]

instead of

[[TableOfContents(2)]]

Probably I am using it wrong, can some one help me with:

http://wiki.centos.org/HowTos/Laptops/IBM/Thinkpad-T43

Thanks,
--
-- dag wieers, dag@wieers.com, http://dag.wieers.com/ --

Old 11-30-2007, 09:07 AM
"Tim Verhoeven"

On Nov 30, 2007 9:51 AM, Dag Wieers <dag@wieers.com> wrote:

> I constantly find myself fighting the wiki syntax. Today the problem is
> that I want a TableOfContents that does NOT include the page title.
>
> To be honest, I do not understand why the page title (level 1) is included
> in the TOC, and why it does not appear in the head-title (<head><title>).
>
> I found with Google that there is a syntax like:
>
> [[TableOfContents(4,2)]]
>
> instead of
>
> [[TableOfContents(2)]]
>
> Probably I am using it wrong, can some one help me with:
>
> http://wiki.centos.org/HowTos/Laptops/IBM/Thinkpad-T43

I've fixed it on that page. The number for the TableOfContents macro
is the number of levels shown in the TOC, not the start level. (As far
as I understand it).

The start the TOC on a lower level add this to the page : #pragma
section-numbers 2

This apparently means that the TOC starts from level 2.

Regards,
Tim

(Linus Torvalds)

Old 11-30-2007, 09:07 AM
Ralph Angenendt

Dag Wieers wrote:
> I found with Google that there is a syntax like:
>
> [[TableOfContents(4,2)]]
>
> instead of
>
> [[TableOfContents(2)]]

Try [[TableOfContents(2,3)]] (from depth to depth). But thanks for
pointing that out.

> Probably I am using it wrong, can some one help me with:
>
> http://wiki.centos.org/HowTos/Laptops/IBM/Thinkpad-T43

Done

Cheers,

Ralph

Old 11-30-2007, 09:11 AM
Ralph Angenendt

Tim Verhoeven wrote:
> The start the TOC on a lower level add this to the page : #pragma
> section-numbers 2

Okay, so it was your fix

Dag: Disregard what I tried above ...

Cheers,

Ralph

Old 11-30-2007, 09:47 AM
Dag Wieers

On Fri, 30 Nov 2007, Ralph Angenendt wrote:

> Tim Verhoeven wrote:
> > The start the TOC on a lower level add this to the page : #pragma
> > section-numbers 2
>
> Okay, so it was your fix
>
> Dag: Disregard what I tried above ...

Thanks both

I think the TableOfContents(x, y) is a newer patch than the MoinMoin we
are using. Still, I think we are misusing the first level-1 title as some
sort of page title ?

Because it makes no sense that we can have more than one 1 page title,
while you can have more than 1 level-1 title :-(

There must be something I am overlooking, but being mostly wiki-ignorant I
hope someone else can make me understand