FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
» Video Reviews

» Linux Archive

Linux-archive is a website aiming to archive linux email lists and to make them easily accessible for linux users/developers.


» Sponsor

» Partners

» Sponsor

Go Back   Linux Archive > CentOS > CentOS Docs

 
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
 
Old 04-20-2008, 11:24 PM
"Akemi Yagi"
 
Default Guide to Using KVM

Hi all,

Our CentOS Forum contributor, "scottro", has written a guide to using
KVM with CentOS-5.1 and made it available at:

http://home.nyc.rr.com/computertaijutsu/centoskvm.html

He is offering it for us to put on the CentOS wiki. I would be happy
to wikify it and welcome any comments and suggestions. The contents
will be updated as he adds more to his writing.

Akemi
_______________________________________________
CentOS-docs mailing list
CentOS-docs@centos.org
http://lists.centos.org/mailman/listinfo/centos-docs
 
Old 04-21-2008, 12:31 AM
Ned Slider
 
Default Guide to Using KVM

Akemi Yagi wrote:

Hi all,

Our CentOS Forum contributor, "scottro", has written a guide to using
KVM with CentOS-5.1 and made it available at:

http://home.nyc.rr.com/computertaijutsu/centoskvm.html

He is offering it for us to put on the CentOS wiki. I would be happy
to wikify it and welcome any comments and suggestions. The contents
will be updated as he adds more to his writing.



Thanks Akemi. I register an expression of interest and think it would be
great to have something on the Wiki.


Maybe we should just double check scottro understands and agrees with
the licensing terms of the Wiki?


Unfortunately, no time to read tonight, but I'm sure I'll have time to
have a look during the week.


Regards,

Ned
_______________________________________________
CentOS-docs mailing list
CentOS-docs@centos.org
http://lists.centos.org/mailman/listinfo/centos-docs
 
Old 04-21-2008, 12:38 AM
"Akemi Yagi"
 
Default Guide to Using KVM

On Sun, Apr 20, 2008 at 5:31 PM, Ned Slider <ned@unixmail.co.uk> wrote:
>
> Akemi Yagi wrote:
>
> > Hi all,
> >
> > Our CentOS Forum contributor, "scottro", has written a guide to using
> > KVM with CentOS-5.1 and made it available at:
> >
> > http://home.nyc.rr.com/computertaijutsu/centoskvm.html
> >
> > He is offering it for us to put on the CentOS wiki. I would be happy
> > to wikify it and welcome any comments and suggestions. The contents
> > will be updated as he adds more to his writing.

> Thanks Akemi. I register an expression of interest and think it would be
> great to have something on the Wiki.
>
> Maybe we should just double check scottro understands and agrees with the
> licensing terms of the Wiki?

Yes, we must. I'm sure he would agree but this is required. Thanks
for reminding me of this.

Akemi
_______________________________________________
CentOS-docs mailing list
CentOS-docs@centos.org
http://lists.centos.org/mailman/listinfo/centos-docs
 
Old 04-21-2008, 01:09 AM
"Akemi Yagi"
 
Default Guide to Using KVM

On Sun, Apr 20, 2008 at 5:38 PM, Akemi Yagi <amyagi@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Sun, Apr 20, 2008 at 5:31 PM, Ned Slider <ned@unixmail.co.uk> wrote:
> >
> > Akemi Yagi wrote:
> >
> > > Hi all,
> > >
> > > Our CentOS Forum contributor, "scottro", has written a guide to using
> > > KVM with CentOS-5.1 and made it available at:
> > >
> > > http://home.nyc.rr.com/computertaijutsu/centoskvm.html
> > >
> > > He is offering it for us to put on the CentOS wiki. I would be happy
> > > to wikify it and welcome any comments and suggestions. The contents
> > > will be updated as he adds more to his writing.
>
> > Thanks Akemi. I register an expression of interest and think it would be
> > great to have something on the Wiki.

About where to get kvm from... we probably want to mention the extras
repo as the primary source and the testing repo for those who wish to
try the latest.

Akemi
_______________________________________________
CentOS-docs mailing list
CentOS-docs@centos.org
http://lists.centos.org/mailman/listinfo/centos-docs
 
Old 04-21-2008, 09:39 AM
Ralph Angenendt
 
Default Guide to Using KVM

Akemi Yagi wrote:
> About where to get kvm from... we probably want to mention the extras
> repo as the primary source and the testing repo for those who wish to
> try the latest.

Yes, before people get the strange idea that they have to compile it
themselves.

Ralph
_______________________________________________
CentOS-docs mailing list
CentOS-docs@centos.org
http://lists.centos.org/mailman/listinfo/centos-docs
 
Old 04-24-2008, 03:10 PM
"Akemi Yagi"
 
Default Guide to Using KVM

On Mon, Apr 21, 2008 at 2:39 AM, Ralph Angenendt <ra+centos@br-online.de> wrote:
> Akemi Yagi wrote:
> > About where to get kvm from... we probably want to mention the extras
> > repo as the primary source and the testing repo for those who wish to
> > try the latest.
>
> Yes, before people get the strange idea that they have to compile it
> themselves.
>
> Ralph

We now have a temporary page set up:

http://wiki.centos.org/HowTos/KVM

I would appreciate your comments / suggestions / corrections. Once
again I want to thank scottro who has done a great job of setting up
kvm on his machine and writing up the tutorial for us.

Akemi
_______________________________________________
CentOS-docs mailing list
CentOS-docs@centos.org
http://lists.centos.org/mailman/listinfo/centos-docs
 
Old 05-01-2008, 10:25 PM
"Akemi Yagi"
 
Default Guide to Using KVM

On Thu, Apr 24, 2008 at 8:10 AM, Akemi Yagi <amyagi@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> On Mon, Apr 21, 2008 at 2:39 AM, Ralph Angenendt <ra+centos@br-online.de> wrote:
> > Akemi Yagi wrote:
> > > About where to get kvm from... we probably want to mention the extras
> > > repo as the primary source and the testing repo for those who wish to
> > > try the latest.
> >
> > Yes, before people get the strange idea that they have to compile it
> > themselves.
> >
> > Ralph
>
> We now have a temporary page set up:
>
> http://wiki.centos.org/HowTos/KVM
>
> I would appreciate your comments / suggestions / corrections. Once
> again I want to thank scottro who has done a great job of setting up
> kvm on his machine and writing up the tutorial for us.

Daniel, any chance you can go through the article? Upon your
approval, we will remove the draft note and publish it. Hope you get
to read this mail because I know from your other post to this list
that this is your preferred method of communication :-D

Quote:
It's simply the geek's medium for communication . I like stuff being
pushed to my mailbox
Akemi
_______________________________________________
CentOS-docs mailing list
CentOS-docs@centos.org
http://lists.centos.org/mailman/listinfo/centos-docs
 
Old 05-02-2008, 10:16 AM
"Daniel de Kok"
 
Default Guide to Using KVM

On Fri, May 2, 2008 at 12:25 AM, Akemi Yagi <amyagi@gmail.com> wrote:
> Daniel, any chance you can go through the article? Upon your
> approval, we will remove the draft note and publish it. Hope you get
> to read this mail because I know from your other post to this list
> that this is your preferred method of communication :-D

I'll try to look through it tonight.

>
Quote:
> It's simply the geek's medium for communication . I like stuff being
> pushed to my mailbox
>
Hey, those are forum quotes .

-- Daniel
_______________________________________________
CentOS-docs mailing list
CentOS-docs@centos.org
http://lists.centos.org/mailman/listinfo/centos-docs
 
Old 05-02-2008, 10:20 PM
"Daniel de Kok"
 
Default Guide to Using KVM

On Fri, May 2, 2008 at 12:25 AM, Akemi Yagi <amyagi@gmail.com> wrote:
> Daniel, any chance you can go through the article? Upon your
> approval, we will remove the draft note and publish it. Hope you get
> to read this mail because I know from your other post to this list
> that this is your preferred method of communication :-D

Excellent work, thanks! I have added a slight note about /dev/kvm
permissions. As far as I am concerned the draft note can be lifted .

Take care,
Daniel
_______________________________________________
CentOS-docs mailing list
CentOS-docs@centos.org
http://lists.centos.org/mailman/listinfo/centos-docs
 
Old 05-02-2008, 10:26 PM
"Akemi Yagi"
 
Default Guide to Using KVM

On Fri, May 2, 2008 at 3:20 PM, Daniel de Kok <me@danieldk.org> wrote:
> On Fri, May 2, 2008 at 12:25 AM, Akemi Yagi <amyagi@gmail.com> wrote:
> > Daniel, any chance you can go through the article? Upon your
> > approval, we will remove the draft note and publish it. Hope you get
> > to read this mail because I know from your other post to this list
> > that this is your preferred method of communication :-D
>
> Excellent work, thanks! I have added a slight note about /dev/kvm
> permissions. As far as I am concerned the draft note can be lifted .
>
> Take care,
> Daniel

Thanks, Daniel, for all your hard work to make kvm available. We will
make the wiki final. Ralph, I will add a link from the HowTo page if
this is ok with you.

Akemi
_______________________________________________
CentOS-docs mailing list
CentOS-docs@centos.org
http://lists.centos.org/mailman/listinfo/centos-docs
 

Thread Tools




All times are GMT. The time now is 12:52 AM.

VBulletin, Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO ©2007, Crawlability, Inc.
Copyright 2007 - 2008, www.linux-archive.org