Old 04-17-2008, 06:58 PM
John

Default Diskless Setup

Max,

Would you please zip up the contents of /tftpboot/linux-install/pxelinux.cfg. You can send it to
<jses27@gmail.com>. After you use the Nettboot Tool to configure the diskless client it will not update
the pertinate files to do so. So in saying it will not boot the default OS. Maybe this could be an error of mine..
But then again there was a post related to this issue this week.

I do know with version 4 I did not have this error so perhaps it is within version 5.

If you did not get or have this problem then don't bother to send the files. I'll start from scratch again. Either
it's going to work this way or I am going to find an alternative. I have a Pain in the a** Client that wants this on
version 5 specifically.

--
~/john

OpenPGP Sig:BA91F079

Old 04-18-2008, 11:01 AM
John

Max,

I get the error of the kernel panic after getting it to boot my default
client configuration. The Kernel error indicates it can't mount the root
file system. So if I'm thinking correct it has a bad initrd.img file. I
am thinking of possibly rebuilding it in the client bits directory.

The second idea to that problem could be the wrong appended boot "root
filesystem." as in
root=/srv/diskless/FOO/root as it could actually be pointing to the
server root and not the client root.

example: kernel /vmlinuz-version ro root=/dev/VolGroup00/LogVol00
to:kernel /vmlinuz-version ro root=/srv/diskledss/FOO/root

All of this was with and without the Patches applied. I could not to no
avail get 'updateDiskless' patch to work. It would bail out with errors
all the time.

I will let know on Saturday with what I come up with as today is a
workday

--
~/john

OpenPGP Sig:BA91F079