-   -   Translation of centos-art.sh script (Round 2) (http://www.linux-archive.org/centos-docs/706663-translation-centos-art-sh-script-round-2-a.html)

Alain Reguera Delgado 09-23-2012 03:23 PM

Translation of centos-art.sh script (Round 2)

Hi guys,

I want to thank you for all the feedback provided in previous mails
about the translation of centos-art.sh script. I would like to share
that, based on your feedback, the centos-art.sh script was updated with
the intention of removing the issues found.

I would appreciate if you could realize another test for the script.
Note that both the centos-art.sh script and the CentOS artwork
repository were updated so a clean check out of it would be convenient
before doing the test.

As previously mentioned, the steps for testing the script are described
in the http://wiki.centos.org/ArtWork page.

Russ, the texinfo-tex, gettext, vim-enhanced and sudo packages were
already added to prepare functionality so they should be installed once
the prepare functionality completes its duty.

Best Regards,

--
Alain Reguera Delgado <alain.reguera@gmail.com>

Akemi Yagi 09-24-2012 03:11 PM

Translation of centos-art.sh script (Round 2)

On Sun, Sep 23, 2012 at 8:23 AM, Alain Reguera Delgado
<alain.reguera@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi guys,
>
> I want to thank you for all the feedback provided in previous mails
> about the translation of centos-art.sh script. I would like to share
> that, based on your feedback, the centos-art.sh script was updated with
> the intention of removing the issues found.
>
> I would appreciate if you could realize another test for the script.
> Note that both the centos-art.sh script and the CentOS artwork
> repository were updated so a clean check out of it would be convenient
> before doing the test.
>
> As previously mentioned, the steps for testing the script are described
> in the http://wiki.centos.org/ArtWork page.

With this round, 'centos-art.sh prepare' did finish (some warnings but
no apparent errors). What is the next step?

Akemi

R P Herrold 09-24-2012 06:14 PM

On Sun, 23 Sep 2012, Alain Reguera Delgado wrote:

> Russ, the texinfo-tex, gettext, vim-enhanced and sudo packages were
> already added to prepare functionality so they should be installed once
> the prepare functionality completes its duty.

thank you -- setting up a fresh test box

- Russ herrold

Christoph Galuschka 09-24-2012 07:16 PM

Am 23.09.2012 17:23, schrieb Alain Reguera Delgado:
> Hi guys,
>
> I want to thank you for all the feedback provided in previous mails
> about the translation of centos-art.sh script. I would like to share
> that, based on your feedback, the centos-art.sh script was updated with
> the intention of removing the issues found.
>
> I would appreciate if you could realize another test for the script.
> Note that both the centos-art.sh script and the CentOS artwork
> repository were updated so a clean check out of it would be convenient
> before doing the test.
>
> As previously mentioned, the steps for testing the script are described
> in the http://wiki.centos.org/ArtWork page.
>
> Russ, the texinfo-tex, gettext, vim-enhanced and sudo packages were
> already added to prepare functionality so they should be installed once
> the prepare functionality completes its duty.
>
> Best Regards,

Alain,

yes, now 'centos-art.sh prepare' does complete.
I than run 'centos-art.sh locale trunk/Scripts/Bash --update --edit
--dont-commit-changes' - this also finished, but I didn't find anything
at 'trunk/Locales/Scripts/Bash/${LANG}/' (in my case de_DE). Only es_ES
is there.

cheers
Christoph

R P Herrold 09-24-2012 10:46 PM

On Mon, 24 Sep 2012, Christoph Galuschka wrote:

>> already added to prepare functionality so they should be
>> installed once the prepare functionality completes its
>> duty.

working from the outlines at:
https://projects.centos.org/trac/artwork
- and -
http://wiki.centos.org/ArtWork (intermittently today)

testing, I seem to get a forkbomb exhausting all process
handles, two times running ... I will look into this further

[artwork@centos-art ~]$
Projects/CentOS/trunk/Scripts/Bash/centos-art.sh prepare
/home/artwork/artwork/trunk/Scripts/Bash/Functions/Commons/cli.sh:
fork: retry: No child processes
/home/artwork/artwork/trunk/Scripts/Bash/Functions/Commons/cli.sh:
fork: retry: No child processes
[then it starts displaying content again for a while]
unset -f $FUNCDEF;
done
}
declare -fx cli_unsetFunctions
/home/artwork/artwork/trunk/Scripts/Bash/Functions/Commons/cli.sh:
fork: retry: No child processes
/home/artwork/artwork/trunk/Scripts/Bash/Functions/Commons/cli.sh:
fork: retry: No child processes
/home/artwork/artwork/trunk/Scripts/Bash/Functions/Commons/cli.sh:
fork: retry: No child processes
/home/artwork/artwork/trunk/Scripts/Bash/Functions/Commons/cli.sh:
fork: retry: No child processes
/home/artwork/artwork/trunk/Scripts/Bash/Functions/Commons/cli.sh:
fork: Resource temporarily unavailable
cli ()
{
local CLI_FUNCNAME=';
local CLI_FUNCDIRNAM=';
local CLI_FUNCSCRIPT=';
local ARGUMENTS=';
[and then back into the forkbomb until I ^c it]

The wiki was not responding intermittently, as I was testing,
so I could not check the edits to revert:

The following error was encountered while trying to retrieve
the URL: http://wiki.centos.org/ArtWork

Connection to 72.232.194.162 failed.

I will try again with yet another fresh deploy tomorrow

-- Russ herrold