-   -   Details on centos-art.sh required packages (http://www.linux-archive.org/centos-docs/703684-details-centos-art-sh-required-packages.html)

Alain Reguera Delgado 09-14-2012 12:30 AM

Details on centos-art.sh required packages

Russ,

Could you move the following information

---
+ Preliminary required packages for 'centos-art.sh': The
configuration script expects a working 'sudo' environment,
'gettext', 'texinfo-tex', and the presence of '/usr/bin/vim'
As such install the following (at a minimum) with yum:
- {{{yum -y install sudo vim-enhanced gettext
+ {{{yum -y install sudo vim-enhanced gettext texinfo-tex
}}}
---

from the wiki to the centos-art.sh documentation?

The centos-art.sh preparation process is being documented at
`trunk/Manuals/Tcar-ug' directory, specifically in the
`trunk/Manuals/Tcar-ug/Scripts/Bash/prepare.docbook' file.

It would be nice if we keep http://wiki.centos.org/ArtWork as simple as
possible. All the package administration must be handle inside the
prepare functionality and described in its documentation boundaries. The
wiki must provide a simple start point for people to get involved.

--
Alain Reguera Delgado <alain.reguera@gmail.com>

R P Herrold 09-18-2012 09:29 PM

On Thu, 13 Sep 2012, Alain Reguera Delgado wrote:

> Could you move the following information

'remove' perhaps?

> The centos-art.sh preparation process is being documented at
> `trunk/Manuals/Tcar-ug' directory, specifically in the
> `trunk/Manuals/Tcar-ug/Scripts/Bash/prepare.docbook' file.

I lack the requested commit right to push the change into the
svn. Is the need for (installation of) 'texinfo-tex' now
present in the script or that documentation?

-- Russ herrold

Alain Reguera Delgado 09-19-2012 04:43 PM

On 09/18/2012 05:29 PM, R P Herrold wrote:
> 'remove' perhaps?

Yes, please.

> I lack the requested commit right to push the change into the
> svn.

I think you need to explicitly request it here. Did you already have an
account at https://projects.centos.org/trac/artwork ?

> Is the need for (installation of) 'texinfo-tex' now
> present in the script or that documentation?

It is not present in the documentation, nor in the script, yet. However
it is a required package that must be installed in order for
texinfo_updateOutputFilePdf to work. I will include this package in
prepare_updatePackages, so it be installed/updated as part of the
preparation step carried on by centos-art.sh script.

The documentation doesn't mention anything about which packages must be
installed in the workstation, but this is something I would like to
include definitely there. If you could contribution a bit in that area
(or any other) would be great.

Thank you,

--
Alain Reguera Delgado <alain.reguera@gmail.com>