Old 09-08-2012, 06:32 PM
Alain Reguera Delgado

Default Translation of centos-art.sh script

On 09/08/2012 12:39 PM, Akemi Yagi wrote:

> I used another VM running the .ja version of CentOS-6 and did it from
> scratch. I ran 'centos-art.sh prepare' in a verbose mode.

Could you create another fresh VM for CentOS using English (en_US.UTF-8)
as default language? Then do all the preparation stuff through English
language. Later, once the preparation stuff is done, change the value of
your LANG environment variable to your native locale (ja_JP.UTF-8, I guess):

LANG=ja_JP.UTF-8

and run:

centos-art locale trunk/Scripts/Bash --dont-commit-changes --update --edit

and report what happened, please.

> It ran through instantly till the end of init.sh and then would not go any
> further at this step:
>
> # init.sh -- This function initiates the application's command-line
> # interface. Variables defined in this function are accesible by all
> # other functions. The cli function is the first script executed by
> # the application command-line onces invoked.
> (snip)
> function init {
> (snip)
> }
> grep '^function ' ${FILE} | cut -d' ' -f2)
> grep '^function ' ${FILE} | cut -d' ' -f2)
> grep '^function ' ${FILE} | cut -d' ' -f2
> echo $ARG | sed "s/'/x27/g")
> echo $ARG | sed "s/'/x27/g"

Why you are putting the same lines several times here. In the scripts
they are present only once. What do you want to mean with this? Those
lines without closing parenthesis are indeed malformed lines. I did a
grep through the script and didn't find such malformed lines.

Could you be more specific about which step you are talking about and
the meaning of such repeated lines?

The init functionality, apparently where the problem is, is the first
file executed after executing centos-art.sh script. If there is an error
in it, the Bash interpreter would complain about it immediately without
getting any further.

> It is using cpu at 30-40% and I see :
>
> 2234 pts/0 S+ 24:35 /bin/bash
> /home/yagi2/artwork/trunk/Scripts/Bash/centos-art.sh help

So did you pass the prepare step successfully?

> Hope this info helps you identify the problem.

Yes. We are on it

--
Alain Reguera Delgado <alain.reguera@gmail.com>

Old 09-08-2012, 08:19 PM
Akemi Yagi

On Sat, Sep 8, 2012 at 11:32 AM, Alain Reguera Delgado
<alain.reguera@gmail.com> wrote:
> On 09/08/2012 12:39 PM, Akemi Yagi wrote:
>
>> I used another VM running the .ja version of CentOS-6 and did it from
>> scratch. I ran 'centos-art.sh prepare' in a verbose mode.
>
> Could you create another fresh VM for CentOS using English (en_US.UTF-8)
> as default language? Then do all the preparation stuff through English
> language. Later, once the preparation stuff is done, change the value of
> your LANG environment variable to your native locale (ja_JP.UTF-8, I guess):
>
> LANG=ja_JP.UTF-8

Although I installed the VM with Japanese as the default language, I have:

$ echo $LANG
en_US.UTF-8

probably because I needed to select the US keyboard.

>> It ran through instantly till the end of init.sh and then would not go any
>> further at this step:

>> grep '^function ' ${FILE} | cut -d' ' -f2)
>> grep '^function ' ${FILE} | cut -d' ' -f2)
>> grep '^function ' ${FILE} | cut -d' ' -f2
>> echo $ARG | sed "s/'/x27/g")
>> echo $ARG | sed "s/'/x27/g"
>
> Why you are putting the same lines several times here. In the scripts
> they are present only once. What do you want to mean with this? Those
> lines without closing parenthesis are indeed malformed lines. I did a
> grep through the script and didn't find such malformed lines.
>
> Could you be more specific about which step you are talking about and
> the meaning of such repeated lines?

I did not type anything. I simply ran the script with a '/bin/bash
-v' (verbose) so that I can see what's happening. The above lines are
a straight copy from the output.

> The init functionality, apparently where the problem is, is the first
> file executed after executing centos-art.sh script. If there is an error
> in it, the Bash interpreter would complain about it immediately without
> getting any further.
>
>> It is using cpu at 30-40% and I see :
>>
>> 2234 pts/0 S+ 24:35 /bin/bash
>> /home/yagi2/artwork/trunk/Scripts/Bash/centos-art.sh help
>
> So did you pass the prepare step successfully?

No, it remained there for > 1 hr, so I terminated the script.

Akemi

Old 09-08-2012, 08:44 PM
Akemi Yagi

On Sat, Sep 8, 2012 at 1:19 PM, Akemi Yagi <amyagi@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Sat, Sep 8, 2012 at 11:32 AM, Alain Reguera Delgado
> <alain.reguera@gmail.com> wrote:

>> Could you create another fresh VM for CentOS using English (en_US.UTF-8)
>> as default language? Then do all the preparation stuff through English
>> language. Later, once the preparation stuff is done, change the value of
>> your LANG environment variable to your native locale (ja_JP.UTF-8, I guess):
>>
>> LANG=ja_JP.UTF-8
>
> Although I installed the VM with Japanese as the default language, I have:
>
> $ echo $LANG
> en_US.UTF-8
>
> probably because I needed to select the US keyboard.

Correction: because I ssh'd into the VM. On the console, it is ja_JP.utf8.

Akemi

Old 09-08-2012, 09:42 PM
Alain Reguera Delgado

On 09/08/2012 04:19 PM, Akemi Yagi wrote:

> I did not type anything. I simply ran the script with a '/bin/bash
> -v' (verbose) so that I can see what's happening. The above lines are
> a straight copy from the output.

Ok. Let's break things off.

Try the following commands, independently, one at a time, and report
what happened in each execution, please:

1. ${HOME}/artwork/trunk/Scripts/Bash/centos-art.sh prepare
--set-environment

2. ${HOME}/artwork/trunk/Scripts/Bash/centos-art.sh prepare --packages

3. ${HOME}/artwork/trunk/Scripts/Bash/centos-art.sh prepare --locales

4. ${HOME}/artwork/trunk/Scripts/Bash/centos-art.sh prepare --links

5. ${HOME}/artwork/trunk/Scripts/Bash/centos-art.sh prepare --images

6. ${HOME}/artwork/trunk/Scripts/Bash/centos-art.sh prepare --manuals

--
Alain Reguera Delgado <alain.reguera@gmail.com>

Old 09-09-2012, 06:31 AM
Akemi Yagi

On Sat, Sep 8, 2012 at 2:42 PM, Alain Reguera Delgado
<alain.reguera@gmail.com> wrote:
> On 09/08/2012 04:19 PM, Akemi Yagi wrote:
>
>> I did not type anything. I simply ran the script with a '/bin/bash
>> -v' (verbose) so that I can see what's happening. The above lines are
>> a straight copy from the output.
>
> Ok. Let's break things off.
>
> Try the following commands, independently, one at a time, and report
> what happened in each execution, please:
>
> 1. ${HOME}/artwork/trunk/Scripts/Bash/centos-art.sh prepare
> --set-environment

This added 2 more lines in the output:

grep '^function ' ${FILE} | cut -d' ' -f2)
grep '^function ' ${FILE} | cut -d' ' -f2)
grep '^function ' ${FILE} | cut -d' ' -f2
echo $ARG | sed "s/'/x27/g")
echo $ARG | sed "s/'/x27/g"
echo $ARG | sed "s/'/x27/g")
echo $ARG | sed "s/'/x27/g"

presumably because the command had one more argument. I let it run for
4 hrs before terminating.

Akemi

Old 09-09-2012, 09:31 AM
Christoph Galuschka

> On 09/08/2012 04:19 PM, Akemi Yagi wrote:
>
>> I did not type anything. I simply ran the script with a '/bin/bash
>> -v' (verbose) so that I can see what's happening. The above lines are
>> a straight copy from the output.
>
> Ok. Let's break things off.
>
> Try the following commands, independently, one at a time, and report
> what happened in each execution, please:
>
> 1. ${HOME}/artwork/trunk/Scripts/Bash/centos-art.sh prepare
> --set-environment

I basically get the same result as Akemi. Running centos-art.sh with -v
option:
Lots of lines like
grep '^function ' ${FILE} | cut -d' ' -f2)

You can find part of the console ouput from this run here
https://www.dropbox.com/s/55rde5zrxiyi262/test.txt.tar.bz2.

Just to add: I'm running this on 6.3. Would you prefer a run/test on 5.8?

Christoph

Old 09-09-2012, 09:35 AM
Christoph Galuschka

> You can find part of the console ouput from this run here
> https://www.dropbox.com/s/55rde5zrxiyi262/test.txt.tar.bz2.

Sorry, the link should be

Old 09-13-2012, 11:11 PM
Alain Reguera Delgado

On 09/09/2012 02:31 AM, Akemi Yagi wrote:
>> 1. ${HOME}/artwork/trunk/Scripts/Bash/centos-art.sh prepare
>> --set-environment
>
> This added 2 more lines in the output:
>
> grep '^function ' ${FILE} | cut -d' ' -f2)
> grep '^function ' ${FILE} | cut -d' ' -f2)
> grep '^function ' ${FILE} | cut -d' ' -f2
> echo $ARG | sed "s/'/x27/g")
> echo $ARG | sed "s/'/x27/g"
> echo $ARG | sed "s/'/x27/g")
> echo $ARG | sed "s/'/x27/g"
>
> presumably because the command had one more argument. I let it run for
> 4 hrs before terminating.

I think a closer look into the script will be needed here.

Please open the file `trunk/Scripts/Bash/Functions/Commons/init.sh' and
look for the following section:

66 # Initialize common functionalities.
67 for FILE in ${FILES};do
68 if [[ -x ${FILE} ]];then
69 . ${FILE}
70 export -f $(grep '^function ' ${FILE} | cut -d' ' -f2)
71 else
72 echo "`eval_gettext "The $FILE needs to have execution
rights."`"
73 exit
74 fi
75 done

Here is the grep '^function ' ${FILE} | cut -d' ' -f2 stuff. It should
look like above in your working copy. Can you see anything wrong in this
code?

Could you verify that the Bash interpreter passes through this block of
code without any error in your workstation, please. For example, add the
following two lines after `done' statement (on line 75):

76 echo 'Without errors so far.'
77 exit

and run the script again:

Old 09-13-2012, 11:11 PM
Alain Reguera Delgado

On 09/09/2012 05:31 AM, Christoph Galuschka wrote:

> I basically get the same result as Akemi. Running centos-art.sh with -v
> option:
> Lots of lines like
> grep '^function ' ${FILE} | cut -d' ' -f2)

Could you check the trunk/Scripts/Bash/Functions/Commons/init.sh script
in your workstation as well, and compare it with the one I posted in the
previous mail? Can you see any wrong in it?

> Just to add: I'm running this on 6.3. Would you prefer a run/test on 5.8?

I think doing such a test would be very good. Go ahead and report please.

--
Alain Reguera Delgado <alain.reguera@gmail.com>

Old 09-14-2012, 03:32 AM
Akemi Yagi

On Thu, Sep 13, 2012 at 4:11 PM, Alain Reguera Delgado
<alain.reguera@gmail.com> wrote:
> On 09/09/2012 02:31 AM, Akemi Yagi wrote:
>>> 1. ${HOME}/artwork/trunk/Scripts/Bash/centos-art.sh prepare
>>> --set-environment
>>
>> This added 2 more lines in the output:
>>
>> grep '^function ' ${FILE} | cut -d' ' -f2)
>> grep '^function ' ${FILE} | cut -d' ' -f2)
>> grep '^function ' ${FILE} | cut -d' ' -f2
>> echo $ARG | sed "s/'/x27/g")
>> echo $ARG | sed "s/'/x27/g"
>> echo $ARG | sed "s/'/x27/g")
>> echo $ARG | sed "s/'/x27/g"
>>
>> presumably because the command had one more argument. I let it run for
>> 4 hrs before terminating.
>
> I think a closer look into the script will be needed here.
>
> Please open the file `trunk/Scripts/Bash/Functions/Commons/init.sh' and
> look for the following section:
>
> 66 # Initialize common functionalities.
> 67 for FILE in ${FILES};do
> 68 if [[ -x ${FILE} ]];then
> 69 . ${FILE}
> 70 export -f $(grep '^function ' ${FILE} | cut -d' ' -f2)
> 71 else
> 72 echo "`eval_gettext "The $FILE needs to have execution
> rights."`"
> 73 exit
> 74 fi
> 75 done
>
> Here is the grep '^function ' ${FILE} | cut -d' ' -f2 stuff. It should
> look like above in your working copy. Can you see anything wrong in this
> code?
>
> Could you verify that the Bash interpreter passes through this block of
> code without any error in your workstation, please. For example, add the
> following two lines after `done' statement (on line 75):
>
> 76 echo 'Without errors so far.'
> 77 exit
>
> and run the script again:
>
> ~/artwork/trunk/Scripts/Bash/centos-art.sh prepare --set-environment

As expected, it finished instantly with a display of "Without errors so far."

It is not that step that gets stuck but the next one :

echo $ARG | sed "s/'/x27/g"

As I add more argument to the script, this output gets added accordingly.

Akemi