-   -   Link change request (http://www.linux-archive.org/centos-docs/699052-link-change-request.html)

Christopher Meng 08-30-2012 03:04 AM

Link change request

Hi admin,

Now I start editing the page of CentOS wiki in Simplified Chinese and I found everypage created by Timothy is in such way:

wiki.CentOS.org/zh/xxxx

Now I want to say is that zh-cn is the best,even if you ask me the reason i cannot give you a nice answer.

These days I'm just doing translation work in Fedora Project and they use zh-cn code,of course many other projects are in this way,too.The only exception is wikipedia, so I'd like to change all link into:

wiki.CentOS.org/zh-cn/xxxx

I don't know if my request is possible or not,and I will continue my contribution if my request is declined.

Thanks a lot.

--

Yours sincerely,
Christopher Meng

Ambassador/Contributor of Fedora Project and many others.
http://cicku.me

Timothy Lee 08-30-2012 10:04 AM

Link change request

On 30/8/2012 11:04, Christopher Meng
Now I start editing the page of CentOS wiki in Simplified Chinese
and I found everypage created by Timothy is in such way:

wiki.CentOS.org/zh/xxxx

Now I want to say is that zh-cn is the best,even if you ask me the
reason i cannot give you a nice answer.

These days I'm just doing translation work in Fedora Project and
they use zh-cn code,of course many other projects are in this
way,too.The only exception is wikipedia, so I'd like to change all
link into:

wiki.CentOS.org/zh-cn/xxxx

I don't know if my request is possible or not,and I will continue
my contribution if my request is declined.

The zh convention is used by moinmoin for Simplified Chinese, I
believe.

Regards,

Timothy

Karanbir Singh 09-03-2012 06:17 PM

Link change request

On 08/30/2012 11:04 AM, Timothy Lee wrote:
>> I don't know if my request is possible or not,and I will continue my
>> contribution if my request is declined.
> The zh convention is used by moinmoin for Simplified Chinese, I believe.

that is my understanding as well, the default moin hander uses 'zh' -
however, the best thing to do for this would be to stick with whatever
the iso convention for the language definition is : a brief look on
wikipedia seems to indicate 'zh' would be right, but wikipedia is no
real source of truth. The Chinese language specific pages on the iso
site seem to be in Chinese itself!

--
Karanbir Singh
ICQ: 2522219 | Yahoo IM: z00dax | Gtalk: z00dax