Old 04-30-2012, 09:27 AM
Guillaume Rembert

Default CentOS Wiki - Editing Rights

Hello CentOS community,

Would it be possible to become a CentOS Wiki contributor, please?

My UserName is GuillaumeRembert.

There are some commands which are not valid anymore on some articles,
with CentOS 6.2 release, that I would like to correct.

Thanks in advance,

Best regards,

Guillaume

Old 05-06-2012, 09:43 PM
Ralph Angenendt

On 30.04.2012 11:27, Guillaume Rembert wrote:
> Hello CentOS community,
>
> Would it be possible to become a CentOS Wiki contributor, please?
>
> My UserName is GuillaumeRembert.
>
> There are some commands which are not valid anymore on some articles,
> with CentOS 6.2 release, that I would like to correct.

Can you tell me where you want to edit? We begin with a few editing
rights, which then can be expanded.

Cheers and thanks,

Ralph

Old 05-07-2012, 06:13 PM
Guillaume Rembert

> Date: Sun, 06 May 2012 23:43:23 +0200
> From: Ralph Angenendt <ralph.angenendt@gmail.com>
> Subject: Re: [CentOS-docs] CentOS Wiki - Editing Rights
> To: centos-docs@centos.org
>
> On 30.04.2012 11:27, Guillaume Rembert wrote:
> > Hello CentOS community,
> >
> > Would it be possible to become a CentOS Wiki contributor, please?
> >
> > My UserName is GuillaumeRembert.
> >
> > There are some commands which are not valid anymore on some articles,
> > with CentOS 6.2 release, that I would like to correct.
>
> Can you tell me where you want to edit? We begin with a few editing
> rights, which then can be expanded.
>
> Cheers and thanks,
>
> Ralph

Hello Ralph,

The major part that I would like to edit is currently linked to this
article. I would like to update it for the CentOS 6 distribution:
http://wiki.centos.org/TipsAndTricks/MultimediaOnCentOS

I don't exactly know how are managed the wiki editing rights, but what
could be nice is to have a kind of intermediate editing profile, where
somebody wanting to contribute could make some corrections on any
article, but there would be a moderator that confirm the information can
be published, in order to keep control on the quality of the docs.

This would avoid that some information would be lost mainly due to this
hard procedure to edit/correct an article. I took some notes on what I
found out has changed on this article hopefully, but I will have to
perform again the steps to make sure that it is alright.

I am currently on servers installations. There will be some other
services and configurations that I am going through on CentOS 6, like
mails, web, etc (installation of them from the minimal setup with the
new IPA engine).

Is it possible? What do you think about it?

Guillaume

Old 05-28-2012, 02:30 PM
Ralph Angenendt

On 07.05.2012 20:13, Guillaume Rembert wrote:

> The major part that I would like to edit is currently linked to this
> article. I would like to update it for the CentOS 6 distribution:
> http://wiki.centos.org/TipsAndTricks/MultimediaOnCentOS

I'm sorry, I have completely overlooked your mail.

Why don't you go ahead on that page (if you're still interested) and
then we'll see further?

Extremely sorry,

Ralph