Old 04-20-2008, 11:14 AM
Manuel Wolfshant

Default becoming root

On 04/20/2008 01:51 PM, Nils Ratusznik wrote:

- About the NOPASSWD version of the quick and dirty setup : I'm not
against it if there is a big fat warning sign attached.
I am against it. Those who do not need the warning sign already know
the message we try to send via this page and those who do need the
warning sign would better avoid NOPASSWD.

Old 04-20-2008, 12:35 PM
Ned Slider

Manuel Wolfshant wrote:

- About the NOPASSWD version of the quick and dirty setup : I'm not
against it if there is a big fat warning sign attached.
I am against it. Those who do not need the warning sign already know
the message we try to send via this page and those who do need the
warning sign would better avoid NOPASSWD.

Well, there is already a warning, just that it's not in HUGE red bold font:

"sudo will ask for a password. This password is bob's password, and not
root's password, so be careful when you give rights to a user with sudo."

Maybe we could make the wording a little stronger, bold or something
just in case anyone skips over it without the significance sinking in!

Old 04-20-2008, 04:45 PM
"Rafał Ślubowski"

2008/4/20, Nils Ratusznik <nils.ratusznik@gruik.net>:
> - Do we consider people who reach this page know at least how to edit a
> file with vi?

It doesn't need to be vi because sudo uses $EDITOR (which defaults to
vim in CentOS5) shell variable to run Your Beloved Editor (tm) :^)

I've just mentioned it in the article.

> Nils

Rafal

Old 04-21-2008, 07:18 AM
"Nils Ratusznik"

Le Dim 20 avril 2008 18:45, Rafał Ślubowski a crit :
> 2008/4/20, Nils Ratusznik <nils.ratusznik@gruik.net>:
>> - Do we consider people who reach this page know at least how to edit a
>> file with vi?
>
> It doesn't need to be vi because sudo uses $EDITOR (which defaults to
> vim in CentOS5) shell variable to run Your Beloved Editor (tm) :^)
>
> I've just mentioned it in the article.

Therefore the saving part "(press escape, then type ZZ)" can be removed.

Nils

Old 04-24-2008, 06:40 PM
"Alain Reguera Delgado"

On 4/5/08, Ned Slider <nedslider@f2s.com> wrote:
> *How to become root*

Some Spanish translations have been done to this article. See:
http://wiki.centos.org/es/TipsAndTricks/BecomingRoot

Cheers,
al.

Old 05-01-2008, 09:45 AM