Old 04-07-2008, 11:06 AM
Ralph Angenendt

Default To do List

John wrote:
> UserName: JohnStanley

You have access to pages below (and including)
http://wiki.centos.org/HardwareList now.

Cheers,

Ralph

Old 04-07-2008, 01:43 PM
John

yum install nvidia-graphics <--------We Hope!

> That should resolve dependencies for you and install necessary
> packages that matche your *running* kernel.
>
> There is a posting in the CentOS mailing list by Axel (atrpms
> maintainer) with a brief explanation about the difference between
> rpmforge and atrpms:
>
> http://lists.centos.org/pipermail/centos/2007-August/085287.html <-----I'll read over these later in the day.
>
> Two postings down in that thread, there is another one from him which
> is worth the bookmark. It gives you some workaround for an error that
> might occur when the above command is run for the first time. But we
> can talk about it later.

Will look for that also.

> Akemi
~/john

OpenPGP Sig:BA91F079

Old 04-07-2008, 01:55 PM
John

On Mon, 2008-04-07 at 13:06 +0200, Ralph Angenendt wrote:
> John wrote:
> > UserName: JohnStanley
>
> You have access to pages below (and including)
> http://wiki.centos.org/HardwareList now.
>
> Cheers,
>
> Ralph

Thanks Ralph!
~/john

OpenPGP Sig:BA91F079

Old 05-01-2008, 02:12 PM
John

On Mon, 2008-04-07 at 13:06 +0200, Ralph Angenendt wrote:
> John wrote:
> > UserName: JohnStanley
>
> You have access to pages below (and including)
> http://wiki.centos.org/HardwareList now.
>
> Cheers,
>
> Ralph

Ralph,

What's the policy on screenshots on the wiki? >
http://wiki.centos.org/HardwareList/Nvidia_Graphics
~/john

OpenPGP Sig:BA91F079

Old 05-02-2008, 08:34 AM
Ralph Angenendt

John wrote:
> Ralph,
>
> What's the policy on screenshots on the wiki? >
> http://wiki.centos.org/HardwareList/Nvidia_Graphics

I don't see any problems with putting screenshots in there, if it helps
explaining.

> On another note what is the compatability with python in testing
> compaired to the current python base? Will all the python gnome
> application still work or not? I started the cobbler install but it
> requires the testing python.

Ummm. No idea, someone else might answer that (or you might want to take
it to another list)?

Cheers,

Ralph

Old 05-02-2008, 09:31 AM
"John"

> What's the policy on screenshots on the wiki? >
> http://wiki.centos.org/HardwareList/Nvidia_Graphics

I don't see any problems with putting screenshots in there, if it helps
explaining.

OK...

> On another note what is the compatability with python in testing
> compaired to the current python base? Will all the python gnome
> application still work or not? I started the cobbler install but it
> requires the testing python.

Ummm. No idea, someone else might answer that (or you might want to take it
to another list)?

Ok I will check out the others if no success.

Thanks,
John