-   -   Arabic Wiki - resend because of bounce back (http://www.linux-archive.org/centos-docs/648834-arabic-wiki-resend-because-bounce-back.html)

Steve-Mustafa Ismail 03-26-2012 07:02 AM

Arabic Wiki - resend because of bounce back

Hi, my name is Steve Mustafa, my username is SteveMustafa and I'd like
the privilege to edit and translate the wiki into Arabic,
http://wiki.centos.org/ar (does not exist).

So I'm asking for the privilege to create and edit these pages as well
as for the creation of a new RTL template for RTL languages including
Arabic, Hebrew, Persian and Urdu.

(like the subject says, this is a resend because I received a bounce
back notification from centos-docs-bounces@centos.org)

Steve-Mustafa Ismail 03-28-2012 07:01 AM

Arabic Wiki - resend because of bounce back

Is anyone getting this? Have I been ignored? Am I forever alone?

Karanbir Singh 03-28-2012 10:27 AM

Arabic Wiki - resend because of bounce back

Hi,

Doing a language port needs a bit more effort, you are certainly not
being ignored.

What would help is if we could get some more people involved, people who
have been seen in the centos ecosystem in the past, and have some level
of trust associated. Is that possible ?

fwiw, I'm hoping to get the ID and AR efforts into sync and get things
setup for both at the same time.

- KB

On 03/28/2012 08:01 AM, Steve-Mustafa Ismail wrote:
> Is anyone getting this? Have I been ignored? Am I forever alone?
>
> On Mon, Mar 26, 2012 at 10:02 AM, Steve-Mustafa Ismail
> <m.i.mustafa@gmail.com> wrote:
>> Hi, my name is Steve Mustafa, my username is SteveMustafa and I'd like
>> the privilege to edit and translate the wiki into Arabic,
>> http://wiki.centos.org/ar (does not exist).
>>
>> So I'm asking for the privilege to create and edit these pages as well
>> as for the creation of a new RTL template for RTL languages including
>> Arabic, Hebrew, Persian and Urdu.
>>
>> (like the subject says, this is a resend because I received a bounce
>> back notification from centos-docs-bounces@centos.org)

Karanbir Singh
ICQ: 2522219 | Yahoo IM: z00dax | Gtalk: z00dax

Steve-Mustafa Ismail 04-03-2012 05:22 AM

Arabic Wiki - resend because of bounce back

Sorry Karanbir, I failed to see this email, I wouldn't have sent a
third otherwise.

> What would help is if we could get some more people involved, people who
> have been seen in the centos ecosystem in the past, and have some level
> of trust associated. Is that possible ?

I wouldn't even know where to look to find people like that. I'll
have to say no for the time being unfortunately.

Esther Stepansky 04-03-2012 04:56 PM

Arabic Wiki - resend because of bounce back

So I'm asking for the privilege to create and edit these pages as well
>>> as for the creation of a new RTL template for RTL languages including

>>> Arabic, Hebrew, Persian and Urdu.

I am new to this list, and I don't even know yet if there is or is not RTL support, but I'd be willing to work on it (what skills are needed)?

Also I am willing to help with creating & translating into Hebrew as well when we get to that stage.*

Esther