-   -   Arabic Wiki (http://www.linux-archive.org/centos-docs/644615-arabic-wiki.html)

Steve-Mustafa Ismail 03-14-2012 04:12 PM

Arabic Wiki

Hi guys,
I'm a MAJOR fan of CentOS and its proven itself a lifesaver many a time in my professional and personal lives.
I was hoping to help out by contributing to the wiki by translating as much as is possible of the wiki into Arabic. *The thing is, the wiki is split into several ISO based country codes and there are 22 countries where Arabic is the national language, do I pick one in specific or is there some way, that I am certainly not aware of, where we can lump them all into one? *I'd hazard the same thing applies for Spanish (Latin countries and Spain) amongst other languages that abound this rapidly browning Earth.

TIASteve

Karanbir Singh 03-14-2012 07:42 PM

Arabic Wiki

On 03/14/2012 05:12 PM, Steve-Mustafa Ismail wrote:
> Hi guys,
>
> I'm a MAJOR fan of CentOS and its proven itself a lifesaver many a time
> in my professional and personal lives.

good to hear!

> I was hoping to help out by contributing to the wiki by translating as
> much as is possible of the wiki into Arabic. The thing is, the wiki is

excellent place to start from.

> split into several ISO based country codes and there are 22 countries
> where Arabic is the national language, do I pick one in specific or is
> there some way, that I am certainly not aware of, where we can lump them
> all into one? I'd hazard the same thing applies for Spanish (Latin
> countries and Spain) amongst other languages that abound this rapidly
> browning Earth.

The wiki and the region sub-sites are meant to be split based on
language rather than region (eg. JA for Japanese rather than JP for
Japan ); so in this case the ISO636-1 code for Arabic is 'ar' which
would then apply to all Arabic content. If there are region specific
differences ( eg. Chinese traditional and simplified ), then we can do
an ar_<regioncode> section.

Hope this helps

--
Karanbir Singh
ICQ: 2522219 | Yahoo IM: z00dax | Gtalk: z00dax