Old 03-07-2012, 05:26 PM
M Vieira

Default Small change to Virtualization/VirtualBox

My CentOS wiki name: MVieira

I'd like to suggest a small update to the page
http://wiki.centos.org/HowTos/Virtualization/VirtualBox
where it reads "usermod -G vboxusers username"
could be updated to "usermod -a -G vboxusers username"
The reason being, usermod -G will add the user to the new
supplimentary group but will also remove the same user from any other
supplementary groups he/she might be part of.
While adding the argument "-a" will append the group list instead.

Regars
Marcos Vieira

Old 03-11-2012, 09:14 PM
Ralph Angenendt

On 07.03.2012 19:26, M Vieira wrote:
> My CentOS wiki name: MVieira

Could you please make that MarcosVieira - we require a FirstnameLastname
login.

> I'd like to suggest a small update to the page
> http://wiki.centos.org/HowTos/Virtualization/VirtualBox
> where it reads "usermod -G vboxusers username"
> could be updated to "usermod -a -G vboxusers username"

Changed that.

Cheers,

Ralph