Old 02-10-2012, 02:51 AM
Aaron Anderson

Default wiki request

My username is AaronAnderson

I want to create wiki pages for community use with instructions on how
to do common post-install tasks such as Configuring a multi-client
OpenVPN server, or adjusting fonts, or installing LAMP, or replacing
apache with lighttpd. All things I have documented on a personal
wiki... It's time to share.

Aaron

Old 02-10-2012, 10:28 AM
Karanbir Singh

Hi Aaron,

Welcome aboard,

On 02/10/2012 03:51 AM, Aaron Anderson wrote:
> I want to create wiki pages for community use with instructions on how
> to do common post-install tasks such as Configuring a multi-client
> OpenVPN server, or adjusting fonts, or installing LAMP, or replacing
> apache with lighttpd. All things I have documented on a personal
> wiki... It's time to share.

pick one, lets use that as a gatway - and then expand to cover more far
reaching +w perms. Whats the one thing you care about the most, and has
no content in the wiki at the moment ?

--
Karanbir Singh
ICQ: 2522219 | Yahoo IM: z00dax | Gtalk: z00dax

Old 02-10-2012, 05:36 PM
Aaron Anderson

Probably best if I started out with a complete OpenVPN tutorial. I
also have good information about font rendering.

Old 02-14-2012, 08:36 AM
Karanbir Singh

On 02/10/2012 06:36 PM, Aaron Anderson wrote:
> Probably best if I started out with a complete OpenVPN tutorial. I
> also have good information about font rendering.

ok, I've created: http://wiki.centos.org/AaronAnderson/OpenVPN under
your homepage at http://wiki.centos.org/AaronAnderson ( you should have
edit rights to both places ).

Also, noticed that Ed had a OpenVPN page that seems to have started off,
but been abandoned - Ed, can you confirm ? if so, please delete that
page or mark it All -read, so it does not cause search result mixup.
Ref: http://wiki.centos.org/EdHeron/OpenVPN

btw Aaron, please try and not top-post

Old 02-14-2012, 03:26 PM
Ed Heron

On Tue, 2012-02-14 at 09:36 +0000, Karanbir Singh wrote:
> On 02/10/2012 06:36 PM, Aaron Anderson wrote:
> > Probably best if I started out with a complete OpenVPN tutorial. I
> > also have good information about font rendering.
>
> ok, I've created: http://wiki.centos.org/AaronAnderson/OpenVPN under
> your homepage at http://wiki.centos.org/AaronAnderson ( you should have
> edit rights to both places ).
>
> Also, noticed that Ed had a OpenVPN page that seems to have started off,
> but been abandoned - Ed, can you confirm ? if so, please delete that
> page or mark it All -read, so it does not cause search result mixup.
> Ref: http://wiki.centos.org/EdHeron/OpenVPN

Oops. I can confirm I got side-tracked. Maybe we can work together
to complete the document.

Aaron, does your process differ from what's included, so far, in my
document?

Karanbir, let me know if I've marked it appropriately to prevent
search engines from finding it.

I guess I should do that for any other partial draft documents?

Old 02-14-2012, 04:15 PM
Ed Heron

On Tue, 2012-02-14 at 09:26 -0700, Ed Heron wrote:
> On Tue, 2012-02-14 at 09:36 +0000, Karanbir Singh wrote:
> > Also, noticed that Ed had a OpenVPN page that seems to have started off,
> > but been abandoned - Ed, can you confirm ? if so, please delete that
> > page or mark it All -read, so it does not cause search result mixup.
> > Ref: http://wiki.centos.org/EdHeron/OpenVPN
>
> Oops. I can confirm I got side-tracked. Maybe we can work together
> to complete the document.
>
> Aaron, does your process differ from what's included, so far, in my
> document?
>
> Karanbir, let me know if I've marked it appropriately to prevent
> search engines from finding it.
>
> I guess I should do that for any other partial draft documents?

I tried a few ways of changing the rights. From your hint and looking
at another page, it looks like I should do '#acl All:-read', but it
doesn't let me because I'm not admin.

I assume people in the admin group override any acl in a document.
Would I lose access with this command? Shouldn't it be something like
'#acl EdHeron:read,write,revert,delete,All:-read' Or does edit group
override some of this.

Should restricted access rights be standard for draft documents? To
prevent them from being found by search engines but still accessible by
creator, EditGroup and AdminGroup (and maybe all logged in users)?

I've forgotten the name of the Wiki software we are using. Please
remind me, so I could look there for docs relating to acl?

Old 02-14-2012, 05:07 PM
Karanbir Singh

On 02/14/2012 04:26 PM, Ed Heron wrote:
> Aaron, does your process differ from what's included, so far, in my
> document?
>
> Karanbir, let me know if I've marked it appropriately to prevent
> search engines from finding it.

if you are working on it - dont worry, once a final version gets moved
into the howto's area - we can just setup redirects from this page. till
such time just add a draft tag to the top of the page..

thanks

Old 02-14-2012, 06:57 PM
Ed Heron

On Tue, 2012-02-14 at 18:07 +0000, Karanbir Singh wrote:
> if you are working on it - dont worry, once a final version gets moved
> into the howto's area - we can just setup redirects from this page. till
> such time just add a draft tag to the top of the page..

Mostly, I just needed a reminder it was there. <QQ>They laid off my
staff about 2 years ago, so I've been rather busy</QQ>

I was working on a rewrite of the PXE documentation, too. How can I
prevent my pages from competing with the existing page in search
engines? Shall we consider the draft tag sufficient to warn potential
searchers that my page might be incomplete?

Aaron, my OpenVPN page was started before CentOS 6 was out. I haven't
touched CentOS 6, yet. If you are going to focus on the CentOS 6
aspects, we could collaborate. Or, if they are sufficiently different,
we could just specify version in the title. Or, certainly, you are
welcome to fill in missing pieces in my draft... Whatever gets the job
done.