Old 01-19-2012, 01:37 PM
Karanbir Singh

Default Fwd: Typo in the FAQ at http://wiki.centos.org/FAQ/CentOS6, /etc/sysconfig/nertwork-scripts/ifcfg-eth0 should be /etc/sysconfig/network-scripts/ifcfg-eth0

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: Typo in the FAQ at http://wiki.centos.org/FAQ/CentOS6,
/etc/sysconfig/nertwork-scripts/ifcfg-eth0 should be
Date: Thu, 19 Jan 2012 15:31:08 +0100
From: Maximilian Heise <maximilian.heise@gmx.net>
To: webmaster@centos.org

Hello,

I think there is a typo in the faq at http://wiki.centos.org/FAQ/CentOS6

Under "2. Why does my Ethernet not work unless I log in and explicitly
enable it?"

There is a sentence "If you are not using NetworkManager the same result
can be obtained by editing the configuration file for the network
interface ( normally /etc/sysconfig/nertwork-scripts/ifcfg-eth0 ) and
toggling ONBOOT=no to ONBOOT=yes."

The filename given there
/etc/sysconfig/nertwork-scripts/ifcfg-eth0
is wrong, it should be

or /etc/sysconfig/nerdwork-scripts/ifcfg-eth0, if you feel poetic

BR
Max.