Old 12-27-2011, 11:43 PM
Christopher Meng

Default Join translator group

Hey,everybody!I'd like to introduce myself into this group.My name is
Christopher Meng from Beijing,China.I'm good at translating wiki
pages,I now work in Fedoraproject.My aim is to translate CENTOS wiki
into Simplified Chinese.

--

My personal blog is http://cicku.me,hope you can visit and say something
about it.

Old 12-28-2011, 03:04 PM
Timothy Lee

Hi, Christopher,

On 12/28/2011 08:43 AM, Christopher Meng wrote:
> Hey,everybody!I'd like to introduce myself into this group.My name is
> Christopher Meng from Beijing,China.I'm good at translating wiki
> pages,I now work in Fedoraproject.My aim is to translate CENTOS wiki
> into Simplified Chinese.
Thank you for your offer. I'm currently maintaining the Chinese
translation of CentOS wiki. Each page is manually translated to
Traditional Chinese first. The Simplified version is then generated
using the converter in OpenOffice.

Apart from the QA wiki pages, nearly all pages have been translated to
Chinese. I also track all changes and amend the corresponding
translation. Would you like to help out by polishing the machine
generated Simplified Chinese translations? They can be accessed via
from http://wiki.centos.org/zh/FrontPage

Regards,
Timothy Lee

Old 01-03-2012, 06:27 AM
Christopher Meng

My name is Christopher Meng,nickname "cicku"
I'd like to contribute to wiki translation of Simplified Chinese.
I've used CentOS at least 2 years,So I can translate it correctly.

Best regards,
Cicku

Old 01-08-2012, 04:41 PM
Ralph Angenendt

On 03.01.2012 08:27, Christopher Meng wrote:
> My name is Christopher Meng,nickname "cicku"
> I'd like to contribute to wiki translation of Simplified Chinese.
> I've used CentOS at least 2 years,So I can translate it correctly.

Could you please talk to Timothy Lee (he already sent a mail regarding
that to this list). He already is translating into Chinese, so please
coordinate your doings.

I'd need your WikiName, too, so please create an account for yourself
(FirstnameLastname), so ChristopherMeng.

Cheers,

Ralph

Old 01-09-2012, 07:44 AM
Christopher Meng

well....you don't know...
Chinese includes 2 versions,simplified and traditonal.He is just a
traditional translator,not simplified.To translate between simplified
and traditional are not just use convert program to
translate,grammars/speakings are also different,so I think centos
project need a Simplified Chinese translator.

My username is Cicku,hope you can permit me to edit wiki(i'm
fedoraproject wiki's simplified translator,see it at
here:https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Special:Contributions/Cicku)

Thanks again.

On 1/9/12, Ralph Angenendt <ralph.angenendt@gmail.com> wrote:
> On 03.01.2012 08:27, Christopher Meng wrote:
>> My name is Christopher Meng,nickname "cicku"
>> I'd like to contribute to wiki translation of Simplified Chinese.
>> I've used CentOS at least 2 years,So I can translate it correctly.
>
> Could you please talk to Timothy Lee (he already sent a mail regarding
> that to this list). He already is translating into Chinese, so please
> coordinate your doings.
>
> I'd need your WikiName, too, so please create an account for yourself
> (FirstnameLastname), so ChristopherMeng.
>
> Cheers,
>
> Ralph

Best Regards,
Christopher Meng------'Cicku'

More Contact info see here:http://about.me/cicku

Old 01-15-2012, 09:14 PM
Ralph Angenendt

On 09.01.2012 09:44, Christopher Meng wrote:
> well....you don't know...
> Chinese includes 2 versions,simplified and traditonal.He is just a
> traditional translator,not simplified.To translate between simplified
> and traditional are not just use convert program to
> translate,grammars/speakings are also different,so I think centos
> project need a Simplified Chinese translator.

Yes. As already said: Please cooperate with Timothy, as he's doing the
traditional chinese translation and seems to have some automated
simplified chinese "translation" for the wiki. I'd really like you two
work together on that

> My username is Cicku,hope you can permit me to edit wiki(i'm
> fedoraproject wiki's simplified translator,see it at
> here:https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Special:Contributions/Cicku)

Sorry, but we're on "FirstnameLastname" basis in the wiki - could you
please change that (or create a new one) with "ChristopherMeng" as the
wiki name? Thank you in advance.

Cheers,

Ralph

Old 01-16-2012, 12:12 AM