-   -   Reorganising general CentOS FAQ (http://www.linux-archive.org/centos-docs/59811-reorganising-general-centos-faq.html)

Dag Wieers 03-23-2008 02:37 PM

Reorganising general CentOS FAQ

Hi guys,

I would like to reorganise the general CentOS FAQ. It now has 20 questions
about a lot of different things that can be structure much better. I would
like to add some questions, but lacking any structure...

I would like to make a distinction between the following subjects:

- General questions about the CentOS project

Answers about what the project is about, why the project exists, who is
involved in the project, what the relationship os to Red Hat

- General questions about CentOS releases and updates

Answers about the release versions, release frequency, continuity,
sub-releases

- General questions about CentOS additional packages and features

Answers about repositories, packages, mp3 support

Each general FAQ would of course point to the other FAQ documents to
people can navigate to the others if they google to one of them.

Is this something I can do ?

--
-- dag wieers, dag@wieers.com, http://dag.wieers.com/ --

"Akemi Yagi" 03-23-2008 06:53 PM

On Sun, Mar 23, 2008 at 8:37 AM, Dag Wieers <dag@wieers.com> wrote:
> Hi guys,
>
> I would like to reorganise the general CentOS FAQ. It now has 20 questions
> about a lot of different things that can be structure much better. I would
> like to add some questions, but lacking any structure...
>
> I would like to make a distinction between the following subjects:
>
> - General questions about the CentOS project
>
> Answers about what the project is about, why the project exists, who is
> involved in the project, what the relationship os to Red Hat
>
> - General questions about CentOS releases and updates
>
> Answers about the release versions, release frequency, continuity,
> sub-releases
>
> - General questions about CentOS additional packages and features
>
> Answers about repositories, packages, mp3 support
>
> Each general FAQ would of course point to the other FAQ documents to
> people can navigate to the others if they google to one of them.
>
> Is this something I can do ?

Sounds like a good idea to me... There is a post to the CentOS forum
that has some suggestions for the FAQ and also www.centos.org:

http://www.centos.org/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?viewmode=thread&topic_id=13232&forum =18&post_id=44844

Akemi

Karanbir Singh 03-23-2008 07:48 PM

Dag Wieers wrote:

- General questions about the CentOS project
- General questions about CentOS releases and updates
- General questions about CentOS additional packages and features

Might be a good idea to perhaps check the mail lists and work out what questions
get asked the most there, and then on the forums and general centos searches on
google.

Dag Wieers 03-24-2008 07:52 PM

Reorganising general CentOS FAQ