Old 03-20-2008, 05:06 PM
"Alain Reguera Delgado"

Default Postfix + CyrusImapd + SALS

Hi guys,

Take a look at:

http://wiki.centos.org/HowTos/Postfix+CyrusImapd+SASL

this intend to be a basic guide on how to build a
Postfix+CyrusImapd+SASL Mail System with quotas and virtual domains on
CentOS 5.0.

Could we improve it some way ?. What do you suggest, ... comments ?

Maybe it would be linked from HowTos when you conceder it ready. This
guide could be a complement to the NedSlider's postfix articles series
(if Ned and you guys agree that, of course ).

Thanks,
al.

Old 03-20-2008, 05:44 PM
Ned Slider

Hi Alain,

LOL, great timing!

As we speak I am working on a guide for SASL with ssl/tls but using
dovecot's SASL implementation rather than Cyrus SASL as I used dovecot
for imap/pop3 in my original postfix guide rather than Cyrusimapd. See
here:

http://wiki.centos.org/HowTos/postfix_sasl

At the moment I'm just trying to figure out generating certs for ssl/tls
as this aspect is all a bit new to me.

Anyway, two different approaches to crack the same nut. So how best to
proceed?

Obviously we don't want to duplicate each other's efforts. Maybe there
is scope for both as they use very different implementations. Your guide
also covers quotas and virtual domains which is something I have yet to
cover in any of my guides (although virtual domains was on my list of
things to do).

Anyway, I'm easy and open to suggestions on how best to proceed to the
best benefit of the Wiki and community

Regards,

Ned

Old 03-29-2008, 06:16 PM
"Alain Reguera Delgado"

On 3/20/08, Ned Slider <nedslider@f2s.com> wrote:
> Anyway, two different approaches to crack the same nut. So how best to
> proceed?
>
> Obviously we don't want to duplicate each other's efforts. Maybe there
> is scope for both as they use very different implementations.

I think so ... more options for CentOS people .

> Your guide
> also covers quotas and virtual domains which is something I have yet to
> cover in any of my guides (although virtual domains was on my list of
> things to do).

yes ... Also we could extend it with something talking about SIEVE and
how users can control incoming messages by itself. Also SELinux is a
pending topic we could cover. Personaly, I need to read a lot yet. So
experienced people's help is very appreciated here.

> Anyway, I'm easy and open to suggestions on how best to proceed to the
> best benefit of the Wiki and community

Same here.

Cheers,
al.