Old 09-13-2011, 06:45 PM
Adrian Hall

Default HOWTO: Configure a CentOS 6 Network Install Server - on my home page wiki

Thanks Phil - all excellent suggestions. *I will adjust within the next hour.--
Adrian Hall (Personal Account)
photoadrian@gmail.com

On Tue, Sep 13, 2011 at 12:44 PM, Phil Schaffner <Philip.R.Schaffner@nasa.gov> wrote:

Adrian Hall wrote on 09/13/2011 02:24 PM:

> http://wiki.centos.org/AdrianHall/NetworkInstallServer

> I would suggest it goes into the HOWTO list.

Looks very complete. *Without testing the procedure, I will offer a few

minor suggestions and comments.

1. *The preferred method for becoming root is usually "su -". *A user

will not have sudo access by default. *You might want to link to

http://wiki.centos.org/TipsAndTricks/BecomingRoot

2. On the rsync command I would use "-aH" or "--archive --hard-link" to

save space by preserving hard links.

3. *There are some syntax problems with the code "{{{ ... }}}" structure

in the menu section.

Phil

Old 09-18-2011, 09:31 PM
Ralph Angenendt

On 09/13/2011 08:45 PM, Adrian Hall wrote:
> Thanks Phil - all excellent suggestions. I will adjust within the next
> hour.

Has that happened? (I know, I am a bit behind).

Cheers,

Ralph

Old 09-25-2011, 03:07 PM
Ralph Angenendt

On 09/19/2011 02:18 AM, Adrian Hall wrote:
> Yes - the edits were done.

Okay, added it to the HowTos section under package management (if you
think it should be in a different section there, please say so, but we
also have Spacewalk under there)

Regards,

Ralph