Old 09-12-2011, 04:10 PM
Gianluca Cecchi

Default Italian translation proposal

Hello,
as I see @ http://wiki.centos.org/Manuals/ReleaseNotes/CentOS6.0
there isn't any italian translation link.
If there is no guy already involved for this, I'm available to help
with it for both CentOS 6.0 and upcoming 5.7.
And for other content too.
Let me know how to proceed if interested.

Thanks
Gianluca

Old 09-18-2011, 09:27 PM
Ralph Angenendt

On 09/12/2011 06:10 PM, Gianluca Cecchi wrote:
> Hello,
> as I see @ http://wiki.centos.org/Manuals/ReleaseNotes/CentOS6.0
> there isn't any italian translation link.
> If there is no guy already involved for this, I'm available to help
> with it for both CentOS 6.0 and upcoming 5.7.
> And for other content too.
> Let me know how to proceed if interested.

First you need a wiki account (FirstnameLastname, so GianlucaCecchi).
Then I need to add you to the correct ACL.

Then you can go ahead

So just say when you have your wiki account ready.

Cheers,

Ralph

Old 09-19-2011, 10:14 PM
Gianluca Cecchi

On Sun, Sep 18, 2011 at 11:27 PM, Ralph Angenendt wrote:
> First you need a wiki account (FirstnameLastname, so GianlucaCecchi).
> Then I need to add you to the correct ACL.
>
> Then you can go ahead
>
> So just say when you have your wiki account ready.

OK, I created the wiki account.
Thanks,
Gianluca

Old 09-25-2011, 03:10 PM
Ralph Angenendt

On 09/20/2011 12:14 AM, Gianluca Cecchi wrote:
> On Sun, Sep 18, 2011 at 11:27 PM, Ralph Angenendt wrote:
>> First you need a wiki account (FirstnameLastname, so GianlucaCecchi).
>> Then I need to add you to the correct ACL.
>>
>> Then you can go ahead
>>
>> So just say when you have your wiki account ready.
>>

> OK, I created the wiki account.

You should now be able to edit the ReleaseNotes (and add an italian
version to that). Let's see about other things later on.

Regards,

Ralph

Old 09-26-2011, 10:25 PM
Gianluca Cecchi

On Sun, Sep 25, 2011 at 5:10 PM, Ralph Angenendt wrote:
> On 09/20/2011 12:14 AM, Gianluca Cecchi wrote:
>> On Sun, Sep 18, 2011 at 11:27 PM, Ralph Angenendt *wrote:
>>> First you need a wiki account (FirstnameLastname, so GianlucaCecchi).
>>> Then I need to add you to the correct ACL.
>>>
>>> Then you can go ahead
>>>
>>> So just say when you have your wiki account ready.
>>>

>> OK, I created the wiki account.
>
> You should now be able to edit the ReleaseNotes (and add an italian
> version to that). Let's see about other things later on.

Ok.
In the mean time I'm working on the Italian page, before adding the
link to the official release notes page.
I was able to add the page
http://wiki.centos.org/Manuals/ReleaseNotes/CentOS6.0/Italian
Is it possible to further edit this page? So that I can directly work
online piece by piece?
I was able to create the page; then saved after some lines but now I
don't find how to edit it again to continue my work...

Gianluca

Old 09-27-2011, 08:26 AM
Gianluca Cecchi

On Tue, Sep 27, 2011 at 12:25 AM, Gianluca Cecchi
<gianluca.cecchi@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Sun, Sep 25, 2011 at 5:10 PM, Ralph Angenendt wrote:

>>> OK, I created the wiki account.
>>
>> You should now be able to edit the ReleaseNotes (and add an italian
>> version to that). Let's see about other things later on.
>>

> Ok.
> In the mean time I'm working on the Italian page, before adding the
> link to the official release notes page.
> I was able to add the page
> http://wiki.centos.org/Manuals/ReleaseNotes/CentOS6.0/Italian
> Is it possible to further edit this page? So that I can directly work
> online piece by piece?
> I was able to create the page; then saved after some lines but now I
> don't find how to edit it again to continue my work...
>
> Gianluca

btw: trying to create my personal page, at
http://wiki.centos.org/GianlucaCecchi
as soon as I click on the link
Create my home page now!

I get an error page with:
You are not allowed to edit this page.

Old 09-27-2011, 09:10 PM
Ralph Angenendt

On 09/27/2011 10:26 AM, Gianluca Cecchi wrote:
> On Tue, Sep 27, 2011 at 12:25 AM, Gianluca Cecchi
>> I was able to create the page; then saved after some lines but now I
>> don't find how to edit it again to continue my work...

I don't understand the issue - just use the edit button on top of that
page to continue?

> btw: trying to create my personal page, at
> http://wiki.centos.org/GianlucaCecchi
> as soon as I click on the link
> Create my home page now!
>
> I get an error page with:
> You are not allowed to edit this page.

Try now.

Cheers,

Ralph

Old 09-29-2011, 08:55 AM
Gianluca Cecchi

On Tue, Sep 27, 2011 at 11:10 PM, Ralph Angenendt wrote:
[snip]
> I don't understand the issue - just use the edit button on top of that
> page to continue?
[snip]
>> I get an error page with:
>> You are not allowed to edit this page.
>
> Try now.
>
> Cheers,
>
> Ralph

Ok, I succeeded in creating my home page...
When I saved it, I still continue to see the edit buttons to edit
again if I like

Instead if I go to the work in progress italian release notes page
http://wiki.centos.org/Manuals/ReleaseNotes/CentOS6.0/Italian

I can't see the edit buttons at all so I don't
know how to further edit it...
The first time when the page was created from the TranslationTemplate
I saw the edit buttons at top, but after the first save operation I wasn't
able to see them any more....

One question.
Inside the current release notes page the hyper link for localizations
(eg German) points to:
http://wiki.centos.org/Manuals/ReleaseNotes/CentOS6.0/German

while if I understood correctly the general rules for localization, it should be
http://wiki.centos.org/de/Manuals/ReleaseNotes/CentOS6.0/

So what is the correct approach? Is it the release notes an exception..?

Old 09-29-2011, 09:06 AM
Manuel Wolfshant

On 09/29/2011 11:55 AM, Gianluca Cecchi wrote:
> On Tue, Sep 27, 2011 at 11:10 PM, Ralph Angenendt wrote:
> [snip]
>> I don't understand the issue - just use the edit button on top of that
>> page to continue?
> [snip]
>>> I get an error page with:
>>> You are not allowed to edit this page.
>> Try now.
>>
>> Cheers,
>>
>> Ralph
>
> Ok, I succeeded in creating my home page...
> When I saved it, I still continue to see the edit buttons to edit
> again if I like
>
> Instead if I go to the work in progress italian release notes page
> http://wiki.centos.org/Manuals/ReleaseNotes/CentOS6.0/Italian
>
> I can't see the edit buttons at all so I don't
> know how to further edit it...
> The first time when the page was created from the TranslationTemplate
> I saw the edit buttons at top, but after the first save operation I wasn't
> able to see them any more....
>

> One question.
> Inside the current release notes page the hyper link for localizations
> (eg German) points to:
> http://wiki.centos.org/Manuals/ReleaseNotes/CentOS6.0/German
>
> while if I understood correctly the general rules for localization, it should be
> http://wiki.centos.org/de/Manuals/ReleaseNotes/CentOS6.0/
>
> So what is the correct approach? Is it the release notes an exception..?
Include this line, below "Traduzioni di queste Note di Rilascio sono
disponibili in diverse lingue :"
[[Include(Manuals/ReleaseNotes/CentOS6.0,,from="##begin-translations",
to="##end-translations")]]

Old 09-29-2011, 09:31 AM
Manuel Wolfshant

On 09/29/2011 12:06 PM, Manuel Wolfshant wrote:
> [[Include(Manuals/ReleaseNotes/CentOS6.0,,from="##begin-translations",
> to="##end-translations")]]
I noticed that you were not making use of any of the booksmarks existing
in the English version of the RN, so I modified your translation in
order to use them