FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
» Video Reviews

» Linux Archive

Linux-archive is a website aiming to archive linux email lists and to make them easily accessible for linux users/developers.


» Sponsor

» Partners

» Sponsor

Go Back   Linux Archive > CentOS > CentOS Docs

 
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
 
Old 09-29-2011, 10:30 AM
Gianluca Cecchi
 
Default Italian translation proposal

On Thu, Sep 29, 2011 at 11:31 AM, Manuel Wolfshant wrote:
> On 09/29/2011 12:06 PM, Manuel Wolfshant wrote:
>>
>> [[Include(Manuals/ReleaseNotes/CentOS6.0,,from="##begin-translations",
>> to="##end-translations")]]
>
> I noticed that you were not making use of any of the booksmarks existing in
> the English version of the RN, so I modified your translation in order to
> use them
>

The problem is that I only applied a few modifications just for test
of using the wiki, then saved, then I was not able to edit the page
anymore...
When I log in with my GianlucaCecchi login and I go to
http://wiki.centos.org/Manuals/ReleaseNotes/CentOS6.0/Italian
I see the page but as a normal user, I don't see the "control button"
at top, that I instead see when I point to:
http://wiki.centos.org/GianlucaCecchi
(edit, edit(GUI).....)
I don't know if it is a matter of ACL definition or what...
Until this is fixed I can't put any additional change into the page..
_______________________________________________
CentOS-docs mailing list
CentOS-docs@centos.org
http://lists.centos.org/mailman/listinfo/centos-docs
 
Old 09-29-2011, 01:13 PM
Gianluca Cecchi
 
Default Italian translation proposal

On Thu, Sep 29, 2011 at 12:30 PM, Gianluca Cecchi wrote:
[snip]
> When I log in with my GianlucaCecchi login and I go to
> http://wiki.centos.org/Manuals/ReleaseNotes/CentOS6.0/Italian
> I see the page but as a normal user, I don't see the "control button"
> at top, that I instead see when I point to:
> http://wiki.centos.org/GianlucaCecchi
> (edit, edit(GUI).....)
> I don't know if it is a matter of ACL definition or what...
> Until this is fixed I can't put any additional change into the page..
>

strangely I have the power to edit your translation page (Romanian)
and the German page, but no way for the Italian one...
perhaps because it is a new page and not an already existent one?
or is it just the "italian" phrase that defaults to generate intrinsic
inefficiency (see our government ;-)

BTW: I see now that the Italian link appears, but due to its
brokenness in contents, it would be preferable not to have it until I
can modify the italian page...
why so complicated to contribute efficiently?????
_______________________________________________
CentOS-docs mailing list
CentOS-docs@centos.org
http://lists.centos.org/mailman/listinfo/centos-docs
 
Old 09-29-2011, 01:17 PM
Manuel Wolfshant
 
Default Italian translation proposal

On 09/29/2011 04:13 PM, Gianluca Cecchi wrote:
> On Thu, Sep 29, 2011 at 12:30 PM, Gianluca Cecchi wrote:
> [snip]
>> When I log in with my GianlucaCecchi login and I go to
>> http://wiki.centos.org/Manuals/ReleaseNotes/CentOS6.0/Italian
>> I see the page but as a normal user, I don't see the "control button"
>> at top, that I instead see when I point to:
>> http://wiki.centos.org/GianlucaCecchi
>> (edit, edit(GUI).....)
>> I don't know if it is a matter of ACL definition or what...
>> Until this is fixed I can't put any additional change into the page..
>>
> strangely I have the power to edit your translation page (Romanian)
> and the German page, but no way for the Italian one...
> perhaps because it is a new page and not an already existent one?
> or is it just the "italian" phrase that defaults to generate intrinsic
> inefficiency (see our government ;-)
>
> BTW: I see now that the Italian link appears,
I've added it


> but due to its
> brokenness in contents, it would be preferable not to have it until I
> can modify the italian page...
I've commented the link to your page.

(I cannot fix ACLs, we have to wait for Ralph )
_______________________________________________
CentOS-docs mailing list
CentOS-docs@centos.org
http://lists.centos.org/mailman/listinfo/centos-docs
 
Old 10-02-2011, 09:38 PM
Ralph Angenendt
 
Default Italian translation proposal

On 09/29/2011 03:17 PM, Manuel Wolfshant wrote:
> On 09/29/2011 04:13 PM, Gianluca Cecchi wrote:
>> On Thu, Sep 29, 2011 at 12:30 PM, Gianluca Cecchi wrote:

>> but due to its
>> brokenness in contents, it would be preferable not to have it until I
>> can modify the italian page...
> I've commented the link to your page.
>
> (I cannot fix ACLs, we have to wait for Ralph )

That cannot be an acl issue (except he broke something himself), as he
is in the translation group - and he can edit the german and romanain
versions, as he said

Ah, he put in an #acl line, which excluded him ...

>From which Template did you generate the page, you said? (and it should
be easier to just copy over the english page and then go from that).

Cheers,

Ralph
_______________________________________________
CentOS-docs mailing list
CentOS-docs@centos.org
http://lists.centos.org/mailman/listinfo/centos-docs
 
Old 10-03-2011, 06:51 AM
Gianluca Cecchi
 
Default Italian translation proposal

On Sun, Oct 2, 2011 at 11:38 PM, Ralph Angenendt wrote:

> That cannot be an acl issue (except he broke something himself), as he
> is in the translation group - and he can edit the german and romanain
> versions, as he said
>
> Ah, he put in an #acl line, which excluded him ...
>
> >From which Template did you generate the page, you said? (and it should
> be easier to just copy over the english page and then go from that).

Ok, this morning it seems I can now see the edit buttons at top of the
italian page.
Completed a short edit (text) and edit permissions are preserved.
This evening I'm going to update the page...
Originally I created the page from the TranslationTemplate.
I don't know if during the first editing operation I made something
wrong... sorry

Gianluca
_______________________________________________
CentOS-docs mailing list
CentOS-docs@centos.org
http://lists.centos.org/mailman/listinfo/centos-docs
 
Old 10-03-2011, 08:15 PM
Ralph Angenendt
 
Default Italian translation proposal

On 10/03/2011 08:51 AM, Gianluca Cecchi wrote:

> Originally I created the page from the TranslationTemplate.
> I don't know if during the first editing operation I made something
> wrong... sorry

That one has a broken ACL in there, which means that as soon as you
saved the page you weren't allowed to edit anymore.

I just deleted that page, before other people have the same issues

Ralph
_______________________________________________
CentOS-docs mailing list
CentOS-docs@centos.org
http://lists.centos.org/mailman/listinfo/centos-docs
 

Thread Tools




All times are GMT. The time now is 07:14 AM.

VBulletin, Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO ©2007, Crawlability, Inc.
Copyright 2007 - 2008, www.linux-archive.org