Old 09-05-2011, 09:39 PM
Yves Bellefeuille

Default New Grub Installation How-To

Hello:

I've written a Grub Installation How-To, and I'd like to post at least a
draft version.

The information presently at
http://wiki.centos.org/TipsAndTricks/InstallFromGRUB is somewhat
related, but my How-To is much more detailed.

The information at "Tips and Tricks: Installation Tips" is most closely
related to what I prepared, so I suggest that a new page
entitled "Installing GRUB" in that section would be most suitable.

Should I send the How-To to this list before posting it on the Wiki?

Thanks.

Yves

--
Yves Bellefeuille <yan@storm.ca>
"La Esperanta Civito ne rifuzas anticipe la kunlaboron de erarintoj, se

Old 09-06-2011, 01:36 PM
Phil Schaffner

Yves Bellefeuille wrote on 09/05/2011 05:39 PM:
> Hello:
>
> I've written a Grub Installation How-To, and I'd like to post at least a
> draft version.
>
> The information presently at
> http://wiki.centos.org/TipsAndTricks/InstallFromGRUB is somewhat
> related, but my How-To is much more detailed.
>
> The information at "Tips and Tricks: Installation Tips" is most closely
> related to what I prepared, so I suggest that a new page
> entitled "Installing GRUB" in that section would be most suitable.
>
> Should I send the How-To to this list before posting it on the Wiki?

Your first step should be to create a Wiki account and a WikiName
(YvesBellefeuille would be appropriate) and request creation of your
home page, where you could post your draft. Please also explain how it
differs from http://wiki.centos.org/TipsAndTricks/ReinstallGRUB and why
a new page is required, rather than enhancements to existing pages.

Phil

Old 09-06-2011, 01:40 PM
Phil Schaffner

Phil Schaffner wrote on 09/06/2011 09:36 AM:

> Your first step should be to create a Wiki account and a WikiName
> (YvesBellefeuille would be appropriate) and request creation of your
> home page

Oops - I see you have already done that. Please skip to the following...

Old 09-06-2011, 10:40 PM
Yves Bellefeuille

On Tuesday 06 September 2011 09:36, Phil Schaffner wrote:

> Your first step should be to create a Wiki account and a WikiName
> (YvesBellefeuille would be appropriate) and request creation of your
> home page, where you could post your draft.

Then I guess I must request the creation of a home page, even though I
already have a Wiki account, because the page at
http://wiki.centos.org/MissingHomePage?action=edit&amp;template=HomepageT emplate
doesn't create a home page for me.

Yves

Old 09-06-2011, 10:59 PM
Jerry Amundson

On Tue, Sep 6, 2011 at 5:40 PM, Yves Bellefeuille <yan@storm.ca> wrote:
> On Tuesday 06 September 2011 09:36, Phil Schaffner wrote:
>
>> Your first step should be to create a Wiki account and a WikiName
>> (YvesBellefeuille would be appropriate) and request creation of your
>> home page, where you could post your draft.
>
> Then I guess I must request the creation of a home page, even though I
> already have a Wiki account, because the page at
> http://wiki.centos.org/MissingHomePage?action=edit&amp;template=HomepageT emplate
> doesn't create a home page for me.

Did you try http://wiki.centos.org/YvesBellefeuille
and then create, or template it, from there?

jerry

Old 09-06-2011, 11:54 PM
Yves Bellefeuille

> Did you try http://wiki.centos.org/YvesBellefeuille
> and then create, or template it, from there?

"You are not allowed to edit this page."

(Actually I got "Vous n'êtes pas autorisé à modifier cette page.")

Yves

Old 09-07-2011, 12:36 AM
Adrian Hall

I get the same thing for my home page, so I'm in the same boat.--
Adrian Hall (Personal Account)
photoadrian@gmail.com

Old 09-08-2011, 09:18 PM
Phil Schaffner

Yves Bellefeuille wrote on 09/06/2011 07:54 PM:
>> Did you try http://wiki.centos.org/YvesBellefeuille
>> and then create, or template it, from there?
>
> "You are not allowed to edit this page."
>
> (Actually I got "Vous n'êtes pas autorisé à modifier cette page.")
>
> Yves

Ralph or someone else with the appropriate privileges should create the
page for you.

Phil

Old 09-08-2011, 10:29 PM
Yves Bellefeuille

On Thursday 08 September 2011 17:18, Phil Schaffner wrote:

> Ralph or someone else with the appropriate privileges should create
> the page for you.

Ralph or someone else with the appropriate privileges: please create a
home page for me. Thanks.

Yves

Old 09-11-2011, 07:51 AM
Ralph Angenendt

On 09/07/2011 01:54 AM, Yves Bellefeuille wrote:
>> Did you try http://wiki.centos.org/YvesBellefeuille
>> and then create, or template it, from there?
>
> "You are not allowed to edit this page."
>
> (Actually I got "Vous n'êtes pas autorisé à modifier cette page.")

Now you should be able to

Cheers and thanks,

Ralph