-   -   New Article: Centos 6 Postfix with GMail (http://www.linux-archive.org/centos-docs/569064-new-article-centos-6-postfix-gmail.html)

Adrian Hall 08-28-2011 05:59 AM

New Article: Centos 6 Postfix with GMail

I've just gone through complete agony bashing my head against the wall with configuring Postfix and Centos to relay out through gmail. *Gmail has kindly (!?!?!?!) put two-factor authentication in place, which means a few tweaks along the way - specifically, the addition on a "single-use" password purely for relaying and the addition of a "yum -y install cyrus-sasl-plain"

I'll be happy for someone else to update the main postfix / centos pages, but I think having an article that goes through - soup to nuts style - how to install Postfix + Inbound TLS + SASL Authentication + Outbound GMAIL (+ Anti-spam/Anti-virus when I get to it) as a series of steps would be a good thing.

I can write a draft (in fact I am anyway for my own edification) if you wish to see that before commiting to a page.--
Adrian Hall (Personal Account)
photoadrian@gmail.com

Ralph Angenendt 09-01-2011 08:39 PM

On 08/28/2011 07:59 AM, Adrian Hall wrote:

> I can write a draft (in fact I am anyway for my own edification) if you
> wish to see that before commiting to a page.

A draft (or at least an outline) would be great - before we decide on
where to put it or what to do with it.

Cheers,

Ralph