-   -   Proposed change to FAQ/CentOS6 add netinstall info (http://www.linux-archive.org/centos-docs/566744-proposed-change-faq-centos6-add-netinstall-info.html)

Alishams Hassam 08-22-2011 12:13 AM

Proposed change to FAQ/CentOS6 add netinstall info

I'm a newb CentOS user and was struggling to find the netinstall info. An external site pointed me to the correct URL to enter, but it was difficult to find on the CentOS site. I manged to find centos 5 specific info that did the job (on the centos5 page ofcourse). The change I would like to add is below:

What is the "URL" when I try to do a network install?
If
you desire to do a remote HTTP or FTP install from the Internet using
the LiveCD or the netinstall.iso, you can pick a mirror that is close to
you from these public mirrors:
http://www.centos.org/modules/tinycontent/index.php?id=13

You
can then find the path on that mirror to the "6/os/<arch>/"
directory and use the paths for install where <arch> is the
desired architecture (i386 or x86_64 for example). If you want to choose
the mirror provided by "Linux Kernel Archives", in the above page click
on the HTTP link for that mirror, then click 6 -> i386 -> os ...
the full path for this mirror would be:
http://mirrors.kernel.org/centos/6/os/i386/

In the URL installation, use these paths based on the above mirror:

Server: http://mirrors.kernel.org/centos/6/os/i386
Other install locations are available by selecting a mirror close to you.