Old 07-13-2011, 12:20 PM
Damien Durand

Default Access (French translation)

Hello :-)

Is it possible to get access for wiki editing? The French content is outdated.

This is my wiki account : http://wiki.centos.org/DamienDurand

Thank you,

Damien

Old 07-13-2011, 09:18 PM
Ralph Angenendt

Am 13.07.11 14:20, schrieb Damien Durand:
> Hello :-)
>
> Is it possible to get access for wiki editing? The French content is
> outdated.
>
> This is my wiki account : http://wiki.centos.org/DamienDurand

What exactly do you want to edit?

Regards,

Ralph

Old 07-13-2011, 09:49 PM
Damien Durand

Is it possible to edit only the "fr" category on the wiki ? :-)

http://wiki.centos.org/fr/

There are a lot of pages that are outdated. Last updates were in 2009.

http://wiki.centos.org/fr/
http://wiki.centos.org/fr/Download
http://wiki.centos.org/fr/Contribute

http://wiki.centos.org/fr/Donate
http://wiki.centos.org/fr/FAQ

I can start on this one : http://wiki.centos.org/fr/Download

Old 07-17-2011, 10:09 PM
Ralph Angenendt

Am 13.07.11 23:49, schrieb Damien Durand:
> Is it possible to edit only the "fr" category on the wiki ? :-)
>
> http://wiki.centos.org/fr/
>
> There are a lot of pages that are outdated. Last updates were in 2009.
[...]
> I can start on this one : http://wiki.centos.org/fr/Download

The real problem with that: Are you willing to stay on? And to translate
other pages? We have a half baked es/ tree, a rather up-to-date zh/ tree.

I'd rather have a group of people adding translations - which need to
stay current as the original changes, but (as you've seen) have a
problem with outdated pages.

I don't want to turn you away, just make you aware of what you might get
yourself into

Ralph

Old 07-18-2011, 01:29 AM
Damien Durand

Hi Ralph

The real problem with that: Are you willing to stay on? And to translate

other pages?

I think the best thing i can do for know is to translate the "big" part and useful pages (Release Note, FAQ etc.).

I can't translate all the wiki alone and stay up-to-date with the "upstream" content but, i want to start somewhere :-)

Damien

Old 07-18-2011, 07:08 PM
Ralph Angenendt

Am 18.07.11 03:29, schrieb Damien Durand:
> Hi Ralph
>
> The real problem with that: Are you willing to stay on? And to translate
> other pages?
>

> I think the best thing i can do for know is to translate the "big" part
> and useful pages (Release Note, FAQ etc.).
>
> I can't translate all the wiki alone and stay up-to-date with the
> "upstream" content but, i want to start somewhere :-)

Okay. Why don't you begin with the Release Notes, see if you like it,
and then try some of the other stuff (you can edit the fr pages) - but
please keep us updated, if you want to stay on.

Ralph