Old 07-08-2011, 05:01 PM
Fabian Arrotin

Default CentOS 6 (and 5.6) doc on http://www.centos.org/docs

Hi documentation team,

As CentOS 6 is now being released to the mirrors, it would be a good
time to think about putting the accurate documentation on
http://www.centos.org/docs
Red Hat changed their documentation license in the past and they are now
using the CC-by-SA license.
My own understanding (but IANAL) is that we can just share the
documentation , and just linking back to upstream without modifying the
documentation.
That would be easier for newer doc as every 'bit' that is CentOS
specific should/would be in our release note wiki page for that version.

Read the "Legal Notice" section for example on that page :
http://docs.redhat.com/docs/en-US/Red_Hat_Enterprise_Linux/6/html/Deployment_Guide/index.html

As well as the CC-by-SA license here :

What are your ideas on that ?

Fabian

Old 07-11-2011, 11:39 PM
R P Herrold

On Mon, 11 Jul 2011, John R. Dennison wrote:

> On Tue, Jul 12, 2011 at 01:04:41AM +0300, Manuel Wolfshant wrote:
>> I am more into creating some form of redirect from docs.c.o to
>> upstream's relevant docs.
>
> Is this permissible now?

Not that I am aware of .. I have invited the upstream to
repudiate their counsel's prior demand that this project NOT
do this, and have had no positive response

-- Russ herrold