Linux Archive

Linux Archive (http://www.linux-archive.org/)
-   CentOS Docs (http://www.linux-archive.org/centos-docs/)
-   -   initial page for 6.0 RN (http://www.linux-archive.org/centos-docs/541370-initial-page-6-0-rn.html)

Cody Jackson 06-18-2011 07:47 PM

initial page for 6.0 RN
 
On 6/18/11, Manuel Wolfshant <wolfy@nobugconsulting.ro> wrote:
> Hello
>
> I've created the first version of the ReleaseNotes page for CentOS
> 6.0 in the wiki. As usual, corrections / additions / translations are
> welcome.
>

Hi;

I just glanced at this after breakfast, and I spotted a few
grammatical errors you might wish to change:

Section 2:
"upstream vendors redistribution policy" should probably be "upstream
vendor's redistribution policy." (In fact, I notice this is on the 5.6
release notes page as well.)

Section 6.3:
"Even as an inexperienced CentOS user we can use your help" sounds a
bit like the release team is comprised of inexperienced CentOS users.
It is, of course, not! Perhaps something like "Even as an
inexperienced CentOS user, you can help the CentOS project!" would
work better?

This line made me pause as well:
"Because we like to know what problems you encountered, if you had
problems finding specific information, how you would improve
documentation so it becomes more accessible."

At the least, it should have a question mark at the end, although it
is an awkward question. How does one improve documentation? The
average user probably will not know. It might be better to include
some specific advice here: get in touch with the dev team, contribute
your own documentation, etc.

Just my $0.02.

Cheers,
Cody Jackson
_______________________________________________
CentOS-docs mailing list
CentOS-docs@centos.org
http://lists.centos.org/mailman/listinfo/centos-docs

Manuel Wolfshant 06-18-2011 08:00 PM

initial page for 6.0 RN
 
On 06/18/2011 10:47 PM, Cody Jackson wrote:
> On 6/18/11, Manuel Wolfshant<wolfy@nobugconsulting.ro> wrote:
>> Hello
>>
>> I've created the first version of the ReleaseNotes page for CentOS
>> 6.0 in the wiki. As usual, corrections / additions / translations are
>> welcome.
>>
> Hi;
>
> I just glanced at this after breakfast,
thanks !


> and I spotted a few
> grammatical errors you might wish to change:
>
> Section 2:
> "upstream vendors redistribution policy" should probably be "upstream
> vendor's redistribution policy." (In fact, I notice this is on the 5.6
> release notes page as well.)
fixed in both places


> Section 6.3:
> "Even as an inexperienced CentOS user we can use your help" sounds a
> bit like the release team is comprised of inexperienced CentOS users.
> It is, of course, not! Perhaps something like "Even as an
> inexperienced CentOS user, you can help the CentOS project!" would
> work better?
uhm. I'll leave that to people with more English knowledge than me. It
looks fine from where I stand.

> This line made me pause as well:
> "Because we like to know what problems you encountered, if you had
> problems finding specific information, how you would improve
> documentation so it becomes more accessible."
>
> At the least, it should have a question mark at the end,
uhmm.. no. It's a enumeration of things we'd like to be informed of, not
a question. it's not "Would we like to know ... ?" but "we like to know
a b and c". there is a difference between: "We like to know. What
problems ..? How would you?" and "we like to know [...] how would you"


> although it
> is an awkward question. How does one improve documentation? The
> average user probably will not know. It might be better to include
> some specific advice here: get in touch with the dev team, contribute
> your own documentation, etc.
it's described exactly one paragraph below :)

_______________________________________________
CentOS-docs mailing list
CentOS-docs@centos.org
http://lists.centos.org/mailman/listinfo/centos-docs

Ricardo David Carrillo Sanchez 06-22-2011 03:33 PM

initial page for 6.0 RN
 
Hi,*Could you send the link to see the Release Notes ..? or wiki sectionThank'sSaludos--


Ricardo David Carrillo*Sánchez
Administrador de Sistemas
Analista de Seguridad Informática
PGP/GPG key fingerprint:*7AD4 6D7B A09B C010 8445 *31F4 92C2 DDFA 2DA0 E376

PGP/GPG public key: https://insecure-it.com.mx/keys/dominus.ceo.asc





On Sat, Jun 18, 2011 at 1:19 PM, Manuel Wolfshant <wolfy@nobugconsulting.ro> wrote:


Hello



* * I've created the first version of the ReleaseNotes page for CentOS

6.0 in the wiki. As usual, corrections / additions / translations are

welcome.





* * Manuel

_______________________________________________

CentOS-docs mailing list

CentOS-docs@centos.org

http://lists.centos.org/mailman/listinfo/centos-docs



_______________________________________________
CentOS-docs mailing list
CentOS-docs@centos.org
http://lists.centos.org/mailman/listinfo/centos-docs

Akemi Yagi 06-22-2011 03:36 PM

initial page for 6.0 RN
 
On Wed, Jun 22, 2011 at 8:33 AM, Ricardo David Carrillo Sanchez
<dominus.ceo@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Hi,
> Could you send the link to see the Release Notes ..? or wiki section

Here:

http://wiki.centos.org/Manuals/ReleaseNotes/CentOS6.0
_______________________________________________
CentOS-docs mailing list
CentOS-docs@centos.org
http://lists.centos.org/mailman/listinfo/centos-docs

Ricardo David Carrillo Sanchez 06-22-2011 03:37 PM

initial page for 6.0 RN
 
Thank'sSaludos--


Ricardo David Carrillo*Sánchez
Administrador de Sistemas
Analista de Seguridad Informática
PGP/GPG key fingerprint:*7AD4 6D7B A09B C010 8445 *31F4 92C2 DDFA 2DA0 E376

PGP/GPG public key: https://insecure-it.com.mx/keys/dominus.ceo.asc





On Wed, Jun 22, 2011 at 10:36 AM, Akemi Yagi <amyagi@gmail.com> wrote:


On Wed, Jun 22, 2011 at 8:33 AM, Ricardo David Carrillo Sanchez

<dominus.ceo@gmail.com> wrote:

>

> Hi,

> Could you send the link to see the Release Notes ..? or wiki section



Here:



http://wiki.centos.org/Manuals/ReleaseNotes/CentOS6.0

_______________________________________________

CentOS-docs mailing list

CentOS-docs@centos.org

http://lists.centos.org/mailman/listinfo/centos-docs



_______________________________________________
CentOS-docs mailing list
CentOS-docs@centos.org
http://lists.centos.org/mailman/listinfo/centos-docs

"Lucas do Amaral - Linux Sys. Admin (IFCE)" 06-22-2011 03:40 PM

initial page for 6.0 RN
 
Can I translate to PT-BR ? :D

On Wed, Jun 22, 2011 at 12:37 PM, Ricardo David Carrillo Sanchez <dominus.ceo@gmail.com> wrote:


Thank'sSaludos

--


Ricardo David Carrillo*Sánchez
Administrador de Sistemas
Analista de Seguridad Informática
PGP/GPG key fingerprint:*7AD4 6D7B A09B C010 8445 *31F4 92C2 DDFA 2DA0 E376



PGP/GPG public key: https://insecure-it.com.mx/keys/dominus.ceo.asc







On Wed, Jun 22, 2011 at 10:36 AM, Akemi Yagi <amyagi@gmail.com> wrote:




On Wed, Jun 22, 2011 at 8:33 AM, Ricardo David Carrillo Sanchez

<dominus.ceo@gmail.com> wrote:

>

> Hi,

> Could you send the link to see the Release Notes ..? or wiki section



Here:



http://wiki.centos.org/Manuals/ReleaseNotes/CentOS6.0

_______________________________________________

CentOS-docs mailing list

CentOS-docs@centos.org

http://lists.centos.org/mailman/listinfo/centos-docs




_______________________________________________

CentOS-docs mailing list

CentOS-docs@centos.org

http://lists.centos.org/mailman/listinfo/centos-docs




--
--Atenciosamente,

Lucas do Amaral SaboyaCV/Resume: PT-BR EN-US


Administrador de Sistemas Linux Instituto Federal de Educação, Ciência e Tecnologia do Ceará - IFCE

Diretoria de gestão da Tecnologia da Informação======================================== ===================

Linux System Administrator
Federal Institute of Ceará
Board of Management of Information Technology




_______________________________________________
CentOS-docs mailing list
CentOS-docs@centos.org
http://lists.centos.org/mailman/listinfo/centos-docs

Manuel Wolfshant 06-22-2011 08:17 PM

initial page for 6.0 RN
 
On 06/22/2011 06:40 PM, Lucas do Amaral - Linux Sys. Admin (IFCE) wrote:
> Can I translate to PT-BR ? :D
Why not? We welcome translators.


>
> On Wed, Jun 22, 2011 at 12:37 PM, Ricardo David Carrillo Sanchez
> <dominus.ceo@gmail.com <mailto:dominus.ceo@gmail.com>> wrote:
>
> Thank's
>
> Saludos
> --
>
> Ricardo David Carrillo Sánchez
> Administrador de Sistemas
> Analista de Seguridad Informática
> PGP/GPG key fingerprint: 7AD4 6D7B A09B C010 8445 31F4 92C2 DDFA
> 2DA0 E376
> PGP/GPG public key: https://insecure-it.com.mx/keys/dominus.ceo.asc
>
>
>
> On Wed, Jun 22, 2011 at 10:36 AM, Akemi Yagi <amyagi@gmail.com
> <mailto:amyagi@gmail.com>> wrote:
>
> On Wed, Jun 22, 2011 at 8:33 AM, Ricardo David Carrillo Sanchez
> <dominus.ceo@gmail.com <mailto:dominus.ceo@gmail.com>> wrote:
> >
> > Hi,
> > Could you send the link to see the Release Notes ..? or wiki
> section
>
> Here:
>
> http://wiki.centos.org/Manuals/ReleaseNotes/CentOS6.0
>


_______________________________________________
CentOS-docs mailing list
CentOS-docs@centos.org
http://lists.centos.org/mailman/listinfo/centos-docs

"Lucas do Amaral - Linux Sys. Admin (IFCE)" 06-23-2011 11:54 AM

initial page for 6.0 RN
 
Exept I cant create a new page ;/

You are not allowed to edit this page.


I've tried to follow the pattern and user this url:


http://wiki.centos.org/Manuals/ReleaseNotes/CentOS6.0/BrazilianPortuguese?action="">




On Wed, Jun 22, 2011 at 5:17 PM, Manuel Wolfshant <wolfy@nobugconsulting.ro> wrote:


On 06/22/2011 06:40 PM, Lucas do Amaral - Linux Sys. Admin (IFCE) wrote:

> Can I translate to PT-BR ? :D

Why not? We welcome translators.





>

> On Wed, Jun 22, 2011 at 12:37 PM, Ricardo David Carrillo Sanchez

> <dominus.ceo@gmail.com <mailto:dominus.ceo@gmail.com>> wrote:

>

> * * Thank's

>

> * * Saludos

> * * --

>

> * * Ricardo David Carrillo Sánchez

> * * Administrador de Sistemas

> * * Analista de Seguridad Informática

> * * PGP/GPG key fingerprint: 7AD4 6D7B A09B C010 8445 *31F4 92C2 DDFA

> * * 2DA0 E376

> * * PGP/GPG public key: https://insecure-it.com.mx/keys/dominus.ceo.asc

>

>

>

> * * On Wed, Jun 22, 2011 at 10:36 AM, Akemi Yagi <amyagi@gmail.com

> * * <mailto:amyagi@gmail.com>> wrote:

>

> * * * * On Wed, Jun 22, 2011 at 8:33 AM, Ricardo David Carrillo Sanchez

> * * * * <dominus.ceo@gmail.com <mailto:dominus.ceo@gmail.com>> wrote:

> * * * * >

> * * * * > Hi,

> * * * * > Could you send the link to see the Release Notes ..? or wiki

> * * * * section

>

> * * * * Here:

>

> * * * * http://wiki.centos.org/Manuals/ReleaseNotes/CentOS6.0

>





_______________________________________________

CentOS-docs mailing list

CentOS-docs@centos.org

http://lists.centos.org/mailman/listinfo/centos-docs



--
--Atenciosamente,

Lucas do Amaral SaboyaCV/Resume: PT-BR EN-US


Administrador de Sistemas Linux Instituto Federal de Educação, Ciência e Tecnologia do Ceará - IFCE

Diretoria de gestão da Tecnologia da Informação======================================== ===================

Linux System Administrator
Federal Institute of Ceará
Board of Management of Information Technology




_______________________________________________
CentOS-docs mailing list
CentOS-docs@centos.org
http://lists.centos.org/mailman/listinfo/centos-docs

Manuel Wolfshant 06-23-2011 12:01 PM

initial page for 6.0 RN
 
On 06/23/2011 02:54 PM, Lucas do Amaral - Linux Sys. Admin (IFCE)
wrote:
Exept I cant create a new page ;/



You are not allowed to edit this page.




I've tried to follow the pattern and user this url:

http://wiki.centos.org/Manuals/ReleaseNotes/CentOS6.0/BrazilianPortuguese?action="">






You have to create an account in the wiki and after that ask for
editing permissions via this list. The rules that we try to follow
for account names are at
http://wiki.centos.org/Contribute#head-42b3d8e26400a106851a61aebe5c2cca54dd79e5







_______________________________________________
CentOS-docs mailing list
CentOS-docs@centos.org
http://lists.centos.org/mailman/listinfo/centos-docs

Markus Falb 06-23-2011 04:28 PM

initial page for 6.0 RN
 
On 18.6.2011 20:19, Manuel Wolfshant wrote:
> Hello
>
> I've created the first version of the ReleaseNotes page for CentOS
> 6.0 in the wiki. As usual, corrections / additions / translations are
> welcome.

I found one minor issue

In section 2. Introduction

Welcome to the CentOS 6.0 release. CentOS is an Enterprise-class Linux
Distribution derived from sources freely provided to the public by our
Upstream OS Provider (UOP)[1].

The footnote [1] is missing.

--
Kind Regards, Markus Falb

_______________________________________________
CentOS-docs mailing list
CentOS-docs@centos.org
http://lists.centos.org/mailman/listinfo/centos-docs


All times are GMT. The time now is 12:12 AM.

VBulletin, Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO ©2007, Crawlability, Inc.