FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
» Video Reviews

» Linux Archive

Linux-archive is a website aiming to archive linux email lists and to make them easily accessible for linux users/developers.


» Sponsor

» Partners

» Sponsor

Go Back   Linux Archive > CentOS > CentOS Docs

 
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
 
Old 06-23-2011, 05:02 PM
Emmanuel Noobadmin
 
Default initial page for 6.0 RN

On 6/19/11, Manuel Wolfshant <wolfy@nobugconsulting.ro> wrote:
> On 06/18/2011 10:47 PM, Cody Jackson wrote:
>> Section 6.3:
>> "Even as an inexperienced CentOS user we can use your help" sounds a
>> bit like the release team is comprised of inexperienced CentOS users.
>> It is, of course, not! Perhaps something like "Even as an
>> inexperienced CentOS user, you can help the CentOS project!" would
>> work better?
> uhm. I'll leave that to people with more English knowledge than me. It
> looks fine from where I stand.

I'd second Cody on this, coming across that paragraph on the page, it
makes CentOS devs the inexperienced users.
_______________________________________________
CentOS-docs mailing list
CentOS-docs@centos.org
http://lists.centos.org/mailman/listinfo/centos-docs
 
Old 06-23-2011, 05:07 PM
Alan Bartlett
 
Default initial page for 6.0 RN

On 23 June 2011 18:02, Emmanuel Noobadmin <centos.admin@gmail.com> wrote:
> On 6/19/11, Manuel Wolfshant <wolfy@nobugconsulting.ro> wrote:
>> On 06/18/2011 10:47 PM, Cody Jackson wrote:
>>> Section 6.3:
>>> "Even as an inexperienced CentOS user we can use your help" sounds a
>>> bit like the release team is comprised of inexperienced CentOS users.
>>> It is, of course, not! Perhaps something like "Even as an
>>> inexperienced CentOS user, you can help the CentOS project!" would
>>> work better?
>> uhm. I'll leave that to people with more English knowledge than me. It
>> looks fine from where I stand.
>
> I'd second Cody on this, coming across that paragraph on the page, it
> makes CentOS devs the inexperienced users.

Thank you for the comment. I have made a note to examine that section
and adjust it, appropriately, in due course.

(Can anyone lend me a 30 hour day, please?)

Alan.
_______________________________________________
CentOS-docs mailing list
CentOS-docs@centos.org
http://lists.centos.org/mailman/listinfo/centos-docs
 
Old 06-23-2011, 05:30 PM
Emmanuel Noobadmin
 
Default initial page for 6.0 RN

On 6/24/11, Alan Bartlett <ajb@elrepo.org> wrote:
> Thank you for the comment. I have made a note to examine that section
> and adjust it, appropriately, in due course.
>
> (Can anyone lend me a 30 hour day, please?)

Sorry, a request that you sent could not be delivered to one or more
of its recipients. This is a permanent error. The following
address(es) failed: godlyrequests@heaven

However, for what it's worth, I've created a wiki profile and would be
more than happy to help make that edit. That's assuming anybody dare
trust da noob admin with the wiki page... although I'm fairly certain
I won't be able to rm -rf the wiki
_______________________________________________
CentOS-docs mailing list
CentOS-docs@centos.org
http://lists.centos.org/mailman/listinfo/centos-docs
 
Old 06-23-2011, 07:42 PM
Manuel Wolfshant
 
Default initial page for 6.0 RN

On 06/23/2011 07:28 PM, Markus Falb wrote:
> On 18.6.2011 20:19, Manuel Wolfshant wrote:
>> Hello
>>
>> I've created the first version of the ReleaseNotes page for CentOS
>> 6.0 in the wiki. As usual, corrections / additions / translations are
>> welcome.
> I found one minor issue
>
> In section 2. Introduction
>
> Welcome to the CentOS 6.0 release. CentOS is an Enterprise-class Linux
> Distribution derived from sources freely provided to the public by our
> Upstream OS Provider (UOP)[1].
>
> The footnote [1] is missing.
Hello

thank you for notifying us. I fixed it

Manuel
_______________________________________________
CentOS-docs mailing list
CentOS-docs@centos.org
http://lists.centos.org/mailman/listinfo/centos-docs
 
Old 06-24-2011, 01:20 AM
"Lucas do Amaral - Linux Sys. Admin (IFCE)"
 
Default initial page for 6.0 RN

http://wiki.centos.org/Manuals/ReleaseNotes/CentOS6.0/BrazilianPortuguese?action="">


and we're done

On Thu, Jun 23, 2011 at 4:42 PM, Manuel Wolfshant <wolfy@nobugconsulting.ro> wrote:


On 06/23/2011 07:28 PM, Markus Falb wrote:

> On 18.6.2011 20:19, Manuel Wolfshant wrote:

>> Hello

>>

>> * * * I've created the first version of the ReleaseNotes page for CentOS

>> 6.0 in the wiki. As usual, corrections / additions / translations are

>> welcome.

> I found one minor issue

>

> In section 2. Introduction

>

> Welcome to the CentOS 6.0 release. CentOS is an Enterprise-class Linux

> Distribution derived from sources freely provided to the public by our

> Upstream OS Provider (UOP)[1].

>

> The footnote [1] is missing.

Hello



* * thank you for notifying us. I fixed it



* * Manuel

_______________________________________________

CentOS-docs mailing list

CentOS-docs@centos.org

http://lists.centos.org/mailman/listinfo/centos-docs



--
--Atenciosamente,

Lucas do Amaral SaboyaCV/Resume: PT-BR EN-US


Administrador de Sistemas Linux Instituto Federal de Educação, Ciência e Tecnologia do Ceará - IFCE

Diretoria de gestão da Tecnologia da Informação======================================== ===================

Linux System Administrator
Federal Institute of Ceará
Board of Management of Information Technology




_______________________________________________
CentOS-docs mailing list
CentOS-docs@centos.org
http://lists.centos.org/mailman/listinfo/centos-docs
 

Thread Tools




All times are GMT. The time now is 07:06 AM.

VBulletin, Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO ©2007, Crawlability, Inc.
Copyright ©2007 - 2008, www.linux-archive.org