Old 06-15-2011, 07:13 PM
Ned Slider

Default Postfix howto update for 6

Hi list,

As the author of the Postfix howto:

http://wiki.centos.org/HowTos/postfix

I'm receiving some feedback that some things have changed in el6 (e.g,
dovecot confs).

As I don't have any plans to update my mail server to el6 (I intend to
run el5 until EOL), does anyone have any interest in documenting changes
for CentOS6 once released?

On a wider note, have we given any thought on how we will handle docs
for CentOS6? For example, will we just document differences between the
two within the same article or will we have separate branches and docs
for where there are major differences?

Old 06-19-2011, 09:30 PM
Ralph Angenendt

Am 15.06.11 21:13, schrieb Ned Slider:
> Hi list,
>
> As the author of the Postfix howto:
>
> http://wiki.centos.org/HowTos/postfix
>
> I'm receiving some feedback that some things have changed in el6 (e.g,
> dovecot confs).
>
> As I don't have any plans to update my mail server to el6 (I intend to
> run el5 until EOL), does anyone have any interest in documenting changes
> for CentOS6 once released?

I can take a look at it, as I broke my dovecot yesterday when updating
from Fedora 13 to 15 (although that should mean that the one in 6 seems
similar enough).

Please ping me when we got that far

> On a wider note, have we given any thought on how we will handle docs
> for CentOS6? For example, will we just document differences between the
> two within the same article or will we have separate branches and docs
> for where there are major differences?

I guess same as with 4 and 5 - put both in one article and point out
differences.

Regards,

Ralph