Old 06-03-2011, 10:34 PM
Manuel Wolfshant

Default New page: HowTos/JavaRuntimeEnvironment

On 06/03/2011 10:56 PM, Phil Schaffner wrote:
> Alan Bartlett wrote on 06/03/2011 03:32 PM:
>> One comment. I thought linkage of the libjavaplugin_jni.so file is redundant?
> May be superstitious behavior on my part. I saw it recommended
> somewhere to use both and have followed that, but it seems to work fine
> without the libjavaplugin_jni.so link, but the link does not seem to
> cause problems. That can be deleted if not needed.
I am 100% sure that on x86_64 libnpjp2.so is enough (that's what I use).
On the other arch however, if I am not mistaken (I have no i386 system
handy for testing until Monday) I am accustomed to using
libjavaplugin_jni .

Old 06-03-2011, 10:42 PM
Alan Bartlett

On 3 June 2011 23:34, Manuel Wolfshant <wolfy@nobugconsulting.ro> wrote:
> On 06/03/2011 10:56 PM, Phil Schaffner wrote:
>> Alan Bartlett wrote on 06/03/2011 03:32 PM:

>>> One comment. I thought linkage of the libjavaplugin_jni.so file is redundant?

>> May be superstitious behavior on my part. *I saw it recommended
>> somewhere to use both and have followed that, but it seems to work fine
>> without the libjavaplugin_jni.so link, but the link does not seem to
>> cause problems. *That can be deleted if not needed.

> I am 100% sure that on x86_64 libnpjp2.so is enough (that's what I use).
> On the other arch however, if I am not mistaken (I have no i386 system
> handy for testing until Monday) I am accustomed to using
> libjavaplugin_jni .

Just for you, Wolfy, freshly harvested from a working 32-bit system --

Quote:
[ajb@GX1 plugins]$ pwd
/usr/lib/mozilla/plugins
[ajb@GX1 plugins]$ ls -1
libflashplayer.so
libnpjp2.so
mplayerplug-in-dvx.so
mplayerplug-in-dvx.xpt
mplayerplug-in-qt.so
mplayerplug-in-qt.xpt
mplayerplug-in-rm.so
mplayerplug-in-rm.xpt
mplayerplug-in.so
mplayerplug-in-wmp.so
mplayerplug-in-wmp.xpt
mplayerplug-in.xpt
nsdejavu.so
[ajb@GX1 plugins]$
Alan.

Old 06-03-2011, 10:47 PM
Manuel Wolfshant

On 06/04/2011 01:42 AM, Alan Bartlett wrote:
> On 3 June 2011 23:34, Manuel Wolfshant<wolfy@nobugconsulting.ro> wrote:
>>> May be superstitious behavior on my part. I saw it recommended
>>> somewhere to use both and have followed that, but it seems to work fine
>>> without the libjavaplugin_jni.so link, but the link does not seem to
>>> cause problems. That can be deleted if not needed.
>> I am 100% sure that on x86_64 libnpjp2.so is enough (that's what I use).
>> On the other arch however, if I am not mistaken (I have no i386 system
>> handy for testing until Monday) I am accustomed to using
>> libjavaplugin_jni .
> Just for you, Wolfy, freshly harvested from a working 32-bit system --

Quote:
> [ajb@GX1 plugins]$ pwd
> /usr/lib/mozilla/plugins
> [ajb@GX1 plugins]$ ls -1
> libflashplayer.so
> libnpjp2.so
> mplayerplug-in-dvx.so
> mplayerplug-in-dvx.xpt
> mplayerplug-in-qt.so
> mplayerplug-in-qt.xpt
> mplayerplug-in-rm.so
> mplayerplug-in-rm.xpt
> mplayerplug-in.so
> mplayerplug-in-wmp.so
> mplayerplug-in-wmp.xpt
> mplayerplug-in.xpt
> nsdejavu.so
> [ajb@GX1 plugins]$
>

> Alan.
great, thanks. I've updated the wiki page and left only libnpjp2.