Old 06-03-2011, 03:12 AM
Emmanuel Noobadmin

Default Wiki error

I was following instructions in the wiki here
http://wiki.centos.org/HowTos/CreateLocalMirror
to create a local mirror for testing VMs instead of hitting the public mirrors.

However, I could not mount the NFS share in the guest. Error logged on
the host was:
request to export an unmounted filesystem: /share

After some googling, I found this discussion
http://www.ibm.com/developerworks/forums/thread.jspa?threadID=311075
which indicates that the problem is with this part in the wiki:

cat >> /etc/exports
/share 192.168.1.0/24(rw,mountpoint)

The option "mountpoint" should not be specified for a directory.

I was able to mount the NFS share after removing it. Could somebody
else verify and update the wiki if confirmed?

Old 06-03-2011, 08:35 AM
Manuel Wolfshant

On 06/03/2011 06:12 AM, Emmanuel Noobadmin wrote:
> I was following instructions in the wiki here
> http://wiki.centos.org/HowTos/CreateLocalMirror
> to create a local mirror for testing VMs instead of hitting the public mirrors.
>
> However, I could not mount the NFS share in the guest. Error logged on
> the host was:
> request to export an unmounted filesystem: /share
>
> After some googling, I found this discussion
> http://www.ibm.com/developerworks/forums/thread.jspa?threadID=311075
> which indicates that the problem is with this part in the wiki:
>
> cat>> /etc/exports
> /share 192.168.1.0/24(rw,mountpoint)
>
> The option "mountpoint" should not be specified for a directory.
>
> I was able to mount the NFS share after removing it. Could somebody
> else verify and update the wiki if confirmed?

Would you have respected the recipe ad litteram ( i.e. use /share as
mount point instead of /mnt ) it would have worked without issues.
But I give you that, in the given context the monutpount restriction is
probably not needed.

Manuel

Old 06-04-2011, 04:48 AM
Emmanuel Noobadmin

On 6/3/11, Manuel Wolfshant <wolfy@nobugconsulting.ro> wrote:
> On 06/03/2011 06:12 AM, Emmanuel Noobadmin wrote:
>> After some googling, I found this discussion
>> http://www.ibm.com/developerworks/forums/thread.jspa?threadID=311075
>> which indicates that the problem is with this part in the wiki:
>>
>> cat>> /etc/exports
>> /share 192.168.1.0/24(rw,mountpoint)
>>
>> The option "mountpoint" should not be specified for a directory.

> Would you have respected the recipe ad litteram ( i.e. use /share as
> mount point instead of /mnt ) it would have worked without issues.
> But I give you that, in the given context the monutpount restriction is
> probably not needed.

Sorry but I think you are mistaken about the use of /mnt. The ibm.com
link is somebody else.

I was following the wiki and not using /mnt in any case. I've tried
both using /share as well as other directories such as /home/share. In
all cases, adding the mountpoint parameter causes NFS to fail, but I
would appreciate it somebody could actually verify this isn't some
oddity on my installation as opposed to a general issue, which given
that others have encountered this, seems to be.