Old 05-31-2011, 07:58 PM
Wes Stupar

Default Request for posting on the CentOS Wiki

Wes Stupar, user name Wes
Proposed topic: "Your session only lasted 10 seconds"
I don't understand what is required for "proposed location"

I want to describe, for other CentOS users, the reason I got the error.

Old 06-01-2011, 07:32 PM
Ralph Angenendt

Am 31.05.11 21:58, schrieb Wes Stupar:
> Wes Stupar, user name Wes
> Proposed topic: "Your session only lasted 10 seconds"
> I don't understand what is required for "proposed location"
>
> I want to describe, for other CentOS users, the reason I got the error.

What eactly do you mean by that?

Regards,

Ralph

Old 06-01-2011, 07:34 PM
Ralph Angenendt

Am 31.05.11 21:58, schrieb Wes Stupar:
> Wes Stupar, user name Wes

Oh, and by the way: You should use FirstnameLastname as your login name,
i.e. WesStupar

Regards,

Ralph

Old 06-01-2011, 08:15 PM
"Wesley"

Hi Ralph,

I mean that I believe that I have some useful information on how to deal
with the "Your session only lasted 10 seconds" issue, and I would like
to share it with others who might have the same problem. Specifically, I
noticed that it only happened when I installed a bootable backup drive.
When I disabled the backup drive I was able to log in OK.

By the way, how do I change my login name?

Thanks,

Old 06-02-2011, 12:49 PM
Ralph Angenendt

Am 01.06.11 22:15, schrieb Wesley:
> Hi Ralph,
>
> I mean that I believe that I have some useful information on how to deal
> with the "Your session only lasted 10 seconds" issue, and I would like
> to share it with others who might have the same problem. Specifically, I
> noticed that it only happened when I installed a bootable backup drive.
> When I disabled the backup drive I was able to log in OK.

Hmmm. But that is not the only time when you will get that error,
normally it means that something (be it a driver issue, faulty RAM,
segfaulting applications etc.) ends your gnome-session after such a sort
time, so I don't really think your issue covers all - not even most - of
the reasons.

Not that I am ungrateful for someone wanting to add to the CentOS
documentation, but I think your proposal is a bit narrow.

> By the way, how do I change my login name?

I guess creating a new one is the only way.

Regards,

Ralph