Old 05-29-2011, 04:02 AM
Cody Jackson

Default Proposed Wiki Edit - /HowTos/Laptops/IBM/Thinkpad-T43

I apologize for neglecting this: my Wiki name is CodyJackson.

~Cody

Old 05-29-2011, 01:04 PM
Alan Bartlett

On 29 May 2011 05:02, Cody Jackson <supertanker13@gmail.com> wrote:
> I apologize for neglecting this: my Wiki name is CodyJackson.
>
> ~Cody
>
> On 5/28/11, Cody Jackson <supertanker13@gmail.com> wrote:
>> Hi all;
>>
>> I just installed CentOS 5.6 on my IBM ThinkPad T43 and would like to
>> add my experiences such far. The laptop I have is a different model
>> than the previous editor's laptop (notably, it has an ATI Mobility
>> Radeon X300, which required special drivers from elrepo, as opposed to
>> the Intel graphics chip in the previous editor's laptop) and I think
>> this bears mentioning in addition to the information already provided.
>>
>> Also, the current page has a section that says "Please add your
>> experiences with CentOS-4 here." Since it's unlikely that anyone is
>> going to install CentOS 4 on an IBM ThinkPad T43 with 5.6 out and 6.0
>> on the horizon, can this be removed? (If anyone is using CentOS 4 on a
>> T43, I salute you! You are far more hardcore than I.)
>>
>> Cheers,
>> Cody Jackson

Hi Cody,

Please wait for Ralph to set you up with access and then give you the nod. :-)

Alan.

Old 05-29-2011, 01:24 PM
Ralph Angenendt

Am 29.05.11 06:02, schrieb Cody Jackson:
> I apologize for neglecting this: my Wiki name is CodyJackson.

You should be able to edit and create pages under
http://wiki.centos.org/HowTos/Laptops now.

Have fun

Cheers and thanks,

Ralph

Old 05-29-2011, 09:08 PM
Cody Jackson

Hi all;

Thank you! I updated the T43 page with information on installing the
ATI graphics driver for my particular T43 model and cleaned the page a
bit. If I decide to get daring with my Fujitsu Lifebook A530, I'll
make that page too.

Would it be possible to have a wiki homepage created for my user? I'd
like to put my contact info there.

Cheers,
Cody Jackson

Old 05-29-2011, 09:48 PM
Ralph Angenendt

Am 29.05.11 23:08, schrieb Cody Jackson:

> Would it be possible to have a wiki homepage created for my user? I'd
> like to put my contact info there.

Okay, go ahead.

Ralph