Old 05-21-2011, 12:10 PM
Tor Erlend Pedersen

Default Proposal for Wiki page

Someone suggested that I made one of my posts (as username torep) into a Wiki....

So following the instructions in the Contribute page....

Username: TorPedersen
Subject: Installing MySQL with chroot on CentOS 5

Location: HowTos -> Databases

Old 05-21-2011, 12:16 PM
Alan Bartlett

On 21 May 2011 13:10, Tor Erlend Pedersen <dr.torpedersen@gmail.com> wrote:
> Someone suggested that I made one of my posts (as username torep) into a
> Wiki....
>
> So following the instructions in the Contribute page....
>
> Username: TorPedersen
> Subject: Installing MySQL with chroot on CentOS 5
> Location: HowTos -> Databases

Ralph,

FYI the "someone" was Phil Schaffner and the URL to the forum thread is --

https://www.centos.org/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?topic_id=31481&forum=41

Alan.

Old 05-23-2011, 05:15 PM
Ralph Angenendt

Am 21.05.11 14:16, schrieb Alan Bartlett:
> On 21 May 2011 13:10, Tor Erlend Pedersen <dr.torpedersen@gmail.com> wrote:
>> Someone suggested that I made one of my posts (as username torep) into a
>> Wiki....
>>
>> So following the instructions in the Contribute page....
>>
>> Username: TorPedersen
>> Subject: Installing MySQL with chroot on CentOS 5
>> Location: HowTos -> Databases
>
> Ralph,
>
> FYI the "someone" was Phil Schaffner and the URL to the forum thread is --
>
> https://www.centos.org/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?topic_id=31481&forum=41

I have two issues with that:

Number 1: A short introduction would be great (why am I doing this? Why
is this favorable over SELinux? Does SELinux work with it (I guess not
at this stage).

Number 2: Is there maybe a package for chrootuid in on of the better
known repositories?

Ralph