-   -   Proposal for a new page - NFS port locking (http://www.linux-archive.org/centos-docs/521502-proposal-new-page-nfs-port-locking.html)

"Steve Barnes" 05-03-2011 11:31 AM

Proposal for a new page - NFS port locking

G'day

Further to a little discussion on #centos-social IRC, I'd like to put together a wiki page that describes the steps required to lock-down the ports used by NFS. I expect it'll be quite short, with
details on which NFS related config files to edit and a short iptables excerpt that covers the relevant ports to allow. I'm thinking this could go under HowTos -> Security?

Unless there's a more suitable area, I can work on the initial scratch version in my home page area (which I don't presently have permission to edit).

Cheers!

Steve

Manuel Wolfshant 05-04-2011 06:19 AM

On 05/03/2011 02:31 PM, Steve Barnes wrote:
> G'day
>
> Further to a little discussion on #centos-social IRC, I'd like to put together a wiki page that describes the steps required to lock-down the ports used by NFS. I expect it'll be quite short, with
> details on which NFS related config files to edit and a short iptables excerpt that covers the relevant ports to allow. I'm thinking this could go under HowTos -> Security?
>
> Unless there's a more suitable area, I can work on the initial scratch version in my home page area (which I don't presently have permission to edit).
I suggest to add the info to the already existing
http://wiki.centos.org/HowTos/OS_Protection page ( which should be
renamed to something with "security" in name, I always need a couple of
minutes to find this page if I do not have my bookmarks handy :) )

Ralph Angenendt 05-05-2011 08:33 PM

Am 03.05.11 13:31, schrieb Steve Barnes:

> Unless there's a more suitable area, I can work on the initial scratch version in my home page area (which I don't presently have permission to edit).

You now have and yeah, that looks like a good idea :)

Cheers,

Ralph