Old 04-14-2011, 12:10 AM
Hardy Beltran Monasterios

Default Some questions: Release Notes CentOS 5.6

Hello

A couple of days ago, I
did the Spanish translation for ReleaseNotes CentOS 5.6

and I have
some questions

Right now, in the Spanish version we are using
nice icons for "Notes".

Would you like the same in the
English and other translated versions ?

(I know that is not
important, just looks nice ;-) )

On many places we mention
packages names or file names. I suggest

use {{{typewriter}} style
for this, to better reading/understand.

Some time ago, we talk
about some common parts in all the translated versions.

And we
started to use marks "#begin-.... #end-...". Right now, we
don't have

this marks for the "Translations" subtitle in
the original version. We should use

I think.

By the way, I
need help to use '<Include> macro', all my tries were
unsuccessful

Thanks !

--
Hardy Beltran Monasterios
La Paz, Bolivia

Old 04-14-2011, 12:31 AM
Manuel Wolfshant

A couple of days ago, I did the Spanish translation for
ReleaseNotes CentOS 5.6

and I have some questions

Right now, in the Spanish version we are using nice icons for
"Notes".

Would you like the same in the English and other translated
versions ?

(I know that is not important, just looks nice ;-) )

As long as we are consistent in the wiki and we do not make it look
as colored as a parrot, I like this idea.

On many places we mention packages
names or file names. I suggest

use {{{typewriter}} style for this, to better
reading/understand.

My wiki-foo is weak. Can you provide more details please, so that I
do not go hunting for documentation ?

Some time ago, we talk about some common parts in all the
translated versions.

And we started to use marks "#begin-.... #end-...". Right now,
we don't have

this marks for the "Translations" subtitle in the original
version. We should use

I think.

You cannot do that because the "translations" section must include[*]* the language names expressed in the language of the
translation. For instance in the Romanian release notes I would use

**** * [:Manuals/ReleaseNotes/CentOS5.6/Spanish:Spaniola] (Espaol)
- [:HardyBeltran:Hardy Beltran]

while in the Spanish version you should use

**** * [:Manuals/ReleaseNotes/CentOS5.6/Romanian:Rumano] (Romana) -
[:HardyBeltran:Hardy Beltran]

[*] Unless we decide to not do that

By the way, I need help to use '<Include> macro', all my
tries were unsuccessful

Get inspiration from the Romanian and French translations. I am lazy
so in step 1 I bookmarked the lists of packages for the English
version and in step 2 I included the lists as such ( using bookmarks
) in those two translations. You can simply copy/paste the relevant
lines.

Old 04-14-2011, 06:11 AM
David Hrbáč

Dne 14.4.2011 2:31, Manuel Wolfshant napsal(a):
> You cannot do that because the "translations" section must include
>[*] the language names expressed in the language of the translation.
> For instance in the Romanian release notes I would use
> * [:Manuals/ReleaseNotes/CentOS5.6/Spanish:Spaniola] (Español) -
> [:HardyBeltran:Hardy Beltran]
> while in the Spanish version you should use
> * [:Manuals/ReleaseNotes/CentOS5.6/Romanian:Rumano] (Romana) -
> [:HardyBeltran:Hardy Beltran]

Well,
Actually, I would also like to have translations section included.
There's no need to have languages localised. I could happily live with:

* [:Manuals/ReleaseNotes/CentOS5.6/BrazilianPortuguese:Português do Brasil] - [:CleberSouza:Cleber Paiva de Souza]
* [:Manuals/ReleaseNotes/CentOS5.6/Chinese:简体*文] - [:TimothyLee:Timothy Lee]
* [:Manuals/ReleaseNotes/CentOS5.6/ChineseTW:繁體*文] - [:TimothyLee:Timothy Lee]
* [:Manuals/ReleaseNotes/CentOS5.6/Czech:Česky] - [avidHrbacavid Hrbáč]
### * [:Manuals/ReleaseNotes/CentOS5.6/Germaneutsch] - [:MarcusMoeller:Marcus Moeller]
* [:Manuals/ReleaseNotes/CentOS5.6/Japanese:日本語] - [:TadashiJokagi:Tadashi Jokagi], [:AkemiYagi:Akemi Yagi]
* [:Manuals/ReleaseNotes/CentOS5.6/French:Français] - [:FabianArrotin:Fabian Arrotin]
* [:Manuals/ReleaseNotes/CentOS5.6/Romanian:Romana] - [:ManuelWolfshant:Manuel Wolfshant]
### * [:Manuals/ReleaseNotes/CentOS5.6/Russian:*усский] - [:NikolayUlyanitsky:Nikolay Ulyanitsky]
* [:Manuals/ReleaseNotes/CentOS5.6/Spanish:Español] - [:HardyBeltran:Hardy Beltran]
### * [:Manuals/ReleaseNotes/CentOS5.6/Turkish:Türkçe] - Osman Aksit

It would help a lot to maintain the translations homogeneous. Native
speaker looking for RN in his/her native language can read and find the
proper localised language link.
DH

Old 04-14-2011, 09:24 AM
Timothy Lee

Dear all,

On 04/14/2011 02:11 PM, David Hrbáč wrote:
> Dne 14.4.2011 2:31, Manuel Wolfshant napsal(a):
>> You cannot do that because the "translations" section must include
>>[*] the language names expressed in the language of the translation.
>> For instance in the Romanian release notes I would use
>> * [:Manuals/ReleaseNotes/CentOS5.6/Spanish:Spaniola] (Español) -
>> [:HardyBeltran:Hardy Beltran]
>> while in the Spanish version you should use
>> * [:Manuals/ReleaseNotes/CentOS5.6/Romanian:Rumano] (Romana) -
>> [:HardyBeltran:Hardy Beltran]
> Well,
> Actually, I would also like to have translations section included.
> There's no need to have languages localised. I could happily live with:
>
> * [:Manuals/ReleaseNotes/CentOS5.6/BrazilianPortuguese:Português do Brasil] - [:CleberSouza:Cleber Paiva de Souza]
> * [:Manuals/ReleaseNotes/CentOS5.6/Chinese:简体*文] - [:TimothyLee:Timothy Lee]
> * [:Manuals/ReleaseNotes/CentOS5.6/ChineseTW:繁體*文] - [:TimothyLee:Timothy Lee]
> * [:Manuals/ReleaseNotes/CentOS5.6/Czech:Česky] - [avidHrbacavid Hrbáč]
> ### * [:Manuals/ReleaseNotes/CentOS5.6/Germaneutsch] - [:MarcusMoeller:Marcus Moeller]
> * [:Manuals/ReleaseNotes/CentOS5.6/Japanese:日本語] - [:TadashiJokagi:Tadashi Jokagi], [:AkemiYagi:Akemi Yagi]
> * [:Manuals/ReleaseNotes/CentOS5.6/French:Français] - [:FabianArrotin:Fabian Arrotin]
> * [:Manuals/ReleaseNotes/CentOS5.6/Romanian:Romana] - [:ManuelWolfshant:Manuel Wolfshant]
> ### * [:Manuals/ReleaseNotes/CentOS5.6/Russian:*усский] - [:NikolayUlyanitsky:Nikolay Ulyanitsky]
> * [:Manuals/ReleaseNotes/CentOS5.6/Spanish:Español] - [:HardyBeltran:Hardy Beltran]
> ### * [:Manuals/ReleaseNotes/CentOS5.6/Turkish:Türkçe] - Osman Aksit
>
> It would help a lot to maintain the translations homogeneous. Native
> speaker looking for RN in his/her native language can read and find the
> proper localised language link.
> DH
I agree with using #include directives to keep the list of translations
synchronized on all pages. As the Chinese translation maintainer, I
find it tedious having to update the Chinese page every time a new
translation becomes available.

Regards,
Timothy Lee

Old 04-14-2011, 09:28 AM
Manuel Wolfshant

On 04/14/2011 12:24 PM, Timothy Lee wrote:
> Dear all,
>> Actually, I would also like to have translations section included.
>> There's no need to have languages localised. I could happily live with:
>>
>> * [:Manuals/ReleaseNotes/CentOS5.6/BrazilianPortuguese:Português do Brasil] - [:CleberSouza:Cleber Paiva de Souza]
>> * [:Manuals/ReleaseNotes/CentOS5.6/Chinese:简体*文] - [:TimothyLee:Timothy Lee]
>> * [:Manuals/ReleaseNotes/CentOS5.6/ChineseTW:繁體*文] - [:TimothyLee:Timothy Lee]
>> * [:Manuals/ReleaseNotes/CentOS5.6/Czech:Česky] - [avidHrbacavid Hrbáč]
>> ### * [:Manuals/ReleaseNotes/CentOS5.6/Germaneutsch] - [:MarcusMoeller:Marcus Moeller]
>> * [:Manuals/ReleaseNotes/CentOS5.6/Japanese:日本語] - [:TadashiJokagi:Tadashi Jokagi], [:AkemiYagi:Akemi Yagi]
>> * [:Manuals/ReleaseNotes/CentOS5.6/French:Français] - [:FabianArrotin:Fabian Arrotin]
>> * [:Manuals/ReleaseNotes/CentOS5.6/Romanian:Romana] - [:ManuelWolfshant:Manuel Wolfshant]
>> ### * [:Manuals/ReleaseNotes/CentOS5.6/Russian:*усский] - [:NikolayUlyanitsky:Nikolay Ulyanitsky]
>> * [:Manuals/ReleaseNotes/CentOS5.6/Spanish:Español] - [:HardyBeltran:Hardy Beltran]
>> ### * [:Manuals/ReleaseNotes/CentOS5.6/Turkish:Türkçe] - Osman Aksit
>>
>> It would help a lot to maintain the translations homogeneous. Native
>> speaker looking for RN in his/her native language can read and find the
>> proper localised language link.
>> DH
> I agree with using #include directives to keep the list of translations
> synchronized on all pages. As the Chinese translation maintainer, I
> find it tedious having to update the Chinese page every time a new
> translation becomes available.
then let's do it. any objections on the approach suggested by David ?

Old 04-14-2011, 09:31 AM
Timothy Lee

Dear all,

On 04/14/2011 05:28 PM, Manuel Wolfshant wrote:
> On 04/14/2011 12:24 PM, Timothy Lee wrote:
>> Dear all,
>>> Actually, I would also like to have translations section included.
>>> There's no need to have languages localised. I could happily live with:
>>>
>>> * [:Manuals/ReleaseNotes/CentOS5.6/BrazilianPortuguese:Português do Brasil] - [:CleberSouza:Cleber Paiva de Souza]
>>> * [:Manuals/ReleaseNotes/CentOS5.6/Chinese:简体*文] - [:TimothyLee:Timothy Lee]
>>> * [:Manuals/ReleaseNotes/CentOS5.6/ChineseTW:繁體*文] - [:TimothyLee:Timothy Lee]
>>> * [:Manuals/ReleaseNotes/CentOS5.6/Czech:Česky] - [avidHrbacavid Hrbáč]
>>> ### * [:Manuals/ReleaseNotes/CentOS5.6/Germaneutsch] - [:MarcusMoeller:Marcus Moeller]
>>> * [:Manuals/ReleaseNotes/CentOS5.6/Japanese:日本語] - [:TadashiJokagi:Tadashi Jokagi], [:AkemiYagi:Akemi Yagi]
>>> * [:Manuals/ReleaseNotes/CentOS5.6/French:Français] - [:FabianArrotin:Fabian Arrotin]
>>> * [:Manuals/ReleaseNotes/CentOS5.6/Romanian:Romana] - [:ManuelWolfshant:Manuel Wolfshant]
>>> ### * [:Manuals/ReleaseNotes/CentOS5.6/Russian:*усский] - [:NikolayUlyanitsky:Nikolay Ulyanitsky]
>>> * [:Manuals/ReleaseNotes/CentOS5.6/Spanish:Español] - [:HardyBeltran:Hardy Beltran]
>>> ### * [:Manuals/ReleaseNotes/CentOS5.6/Turkish:Türkçe] - Osman Aksit
>>>
>>> It would help a lot to maintain the translations homogeneous. Native
>>> speaker looking for RN in his/her native language can read and find the
>>> proper localised language link.
>>> DH
>> I agree with using #include directives to keep the list of translations
>> synchronized on all pages. As the Chinese translation maintainer, I
>> find it tedious having to update the Chinese page every time a new
>> translation becomes available.
> then let's do it. any objections on the approach suggested by David ?
No objections. But please add a link for the English translation (yes,
even inside the English page), so that a person on the translated page
can access the English version if necessary.

Regards,
Timothy Lee

Old 04-14-2011, 09:47 AM
David Hrbáč

Dne 14.4.2011 11:28, Manuel Wolfshant napsal(a):
> then let's do it. any objections on the approach suggested by David ?

Agree with Tim, English must be also included. The list also must be
resorted by language.
DH

Old 04-15-2011, 08:44 AM
David Hrbáč

Dne 14.4.2011 11:31, Timothy Lee napsal(a):
> No objections. But please add a link for the English translation (yes,
> even inside the English page), so that a person on the translated page
> can access the English version if necessary.
>
> Regards,
> Timothy Lee

I have just updated the translation list. It's sorted by ISO country
code, contains only localised language names. I wish we could do the
same with the ISOs sums.
DH

Old 04-16-2011, 12:10 AM
Hardy Beltran Monasterios

El 15/04/11 04:44, David Hrbáč escribió:
> Dne 14.4.2011 11:31, Timothy Lee napsal(a):
>> No objections. But please add a link for the English translation (yes,
>> even inside the English page), so that a person on the translated page
>> can access the English version if necessary.
>>
>> Regards,
>> Timothy Lee
> I have just updated the translation list. It's sorted by ISO country
> code, contains only localised language names.
Fine. Now, how we use the marks "#begin/#end-translation" ?

> I wish we could do the
> same with the ISOs sums.
> DH
+1

Thanks !

--

Hardy Beltran Monasterios

Old 04-16-2011, 12:14 AM
Manuel Wolfshant

On 04/16/2011 03:10 AM, Hardy Beltran Monasterios wrote:
> El 15/04/11 04:44, David Hrbáč escribió:
>> Dne 14.4.2011 11:31, Timothy Lee napsal(a):
>>> No objections. But please add a link for the English translation (yes,
>>> even inside the English page), so that a person on the translated page
>>> can access the English version if necessary.
>>>
>>> Regards,
>>> Timothy Lee
>> I have just updated the translation list. It's sorted by ISO country
>> code, contains only localised language names.
> Fine. Now, how we use the marks "#begin/#end-translation" ?

[[Include(Manuals/ReleaseNotes/CentOS5.5,,from="##begin-translation",to="##end-translation")]]