Old 02-06-2008, 11:01 PM
"Akemi Yagi"

Default Simple postfix/dovecot guide?

On Jan 30, 2008 2:41 PM, Ned Slider <nedslider@f2s.com> wrote:
> I think the basic postfix/dovecot guide is finished.
>
> http://wiki.centos.org/HowTos/postfix
>
> I've deliberately kept it as simple as possible - just the bare minimum
> to give readers a platform on which to build.
>
> Thinking some more about what I wrote below, I'd like to write up
> further stuff as separate guides designed to be sort of add in modules
> to the basic guide so readers can pick and choose the functionality they
> require and bolt them on to the basic guide (kind of like how the
> existing postgrey guide already does). Further topics could include such
> things as SASL/TLS, SpamAssassin/ClamAV, virtual domains/users etc, all
> written to compliment the basic guide. I could tackle a postfix
> restrictions guide but don't have the knowledge or expertise (yet) to
> tackle any others at the moment.
>
> Hoping to get some feedback even if it's only a "yes, go ahead" or "no,
> forget it, it's a rubbish idea"

I would say, "definitely go for it." Your article on postfix has
already helped several people in the CentOS forums as far as I can
see. I remember that those additions you are proposing were
requested / suggested in the forum as well. I would welcome anything
that adds value to the CentOS Wiki.

Akemi

Old 02-07-2008, 10:07 PM
Ned Slider

Akemi Yagi wrote:

[...]

Thanks Akemi!

I've posted a postfix restrictions guide to compliment my basic postfix
guide, located here:

http://wiki.centos.org/HowTos/postfix_restrictions

As usual, I welcome comments and/or corrections

After a suggestion on the forums from WhatsHisName, I'm hoping to tackle
a guide on SASL authentication and SSL/TLS encryption next as and when
time permits.

Regards,

Ned

Old 02-09-2008, 12:15 PM
Alan Bartlett

Looks good to me, Ned.

> Date: Thu, 7 Feb 2008 23:07:06 +0000
> From: nedslider@f2s.com
> To: centos-docs@centos.org
> Subject: Re: [CentOS-docs] Simple postfix/dovecot guide?
>
> I've posted a postfix restrictions guide to compliment my basic postfix
> guide, located here:
>
> http://wiki.centos.org/HowTos/postfix_restrictions
>
> As usual, I welcome comments and/or corrections
>
> After a suggestion on the forums from WhatsHisName, I'm hoping to tackle
> a guide on SASL authentication and SSL/TLS encryption next as and when
> time permits.

<snip>

Regards,
Alan.

She said what? About who? Shameful celebrity quotes on Search Star!