Old 01-26-2011, 07:43 PM
Andrea Veri

Default A new look for CentOS (was Italian Translation Team)

After having a talk with Ralph on IRC, I changed a bit my original
idea. I started thinking that before having a working centos italian istance
on the website, it would be great to give a bit of vitality to the main CentOS
website.

The point now is: which kind of software should the main website use if
the decision would be to give it a new look. Well, IMHO the best solution
at the moment would be to use drupal, it's easy to use and it has anything
needed to make a website rocking. (I've also been using it for a while and I
can tell drupal is a great CMS software)

The second point would be to setup a test istance with a CMS software on it
to start working on the new website. (unfortunately i don't have any machine
or host handy to run it)

I can spend some of my time working on it together with Ralph and anyone
else willing to help out. It will take time but when finished will definitely give
a *new* look to the CentOS website.

Count on me for everything you might need Ralph.

Andrea

P.S Ralph you did *not* keep your word. I was waiting a message from you
yesterday night