Old 01-20-2011, 06:53 AM
Mats Karlsson

Default Emulate a fixed IP address using MAC address with DHCP

Nice "Tips"!

A comment about dhcp server info.

To get the dhcp lease info from a dhclient, that info is stored in
dhclient.leases.

The router/dhcp server info described in section "Home router with
DHCP and DNS" could be made more generic by changing the heading and
the context.

Heading example "How to find out the IP address to the dhcp server."
Better suggestion, it sounds bad in my ears....

And then describe how to find "dhclient.leases" and how to find out
what IP address the dhcp server has and perhaps a bash script or a
grep/awk command example?.

Kind regards
Mats

Old 01-22-2011, 10:26 AM
Mats Karlsson

OK, Im happy to help.

Can you change so I have permits to do the appropriate changes?

My account is MatsOKarlsson

Kind regards
Mats