Old 01-19-2011, 03:26 PM
Phil Schaffner

Default Emulate a fixed IP address using MAC address with DHCP

Per Alan's suggestion:

http://wiki.centos.org/TipsAndTricks/EmulateFixedAddressByDHCP

Comments please.

Phil

Old 01-20-2011, 12:51 PM
Phil Schaffner

Mats Karlsson wrote on 01/20/2011 02:53 AM:
> Nice "Tips"!
>
> A comment about dhcp server info.
>
> To get the dhcp lease info from a dhclient, that info is stored in
> dhclient.leases.
>
> The router/dhcp server info described in section "Home router with
> DHCP and DNS" could be made more generic by changing the heading and
> the context.
>
> Heading example "How to find out the IP address to the dhcp server."
> Better suggestion, it sounds bad in my ears....
>
> And then describe how to find "dhclient.leases" and how to find out
> what IP address the dhcp server has and perhaps a bash script or a
> grep/awk command example?.

Mats,

All good suggestions. Please feel free to make the improvements if you
want - not sure when I'll get time. Still trying to get back to the
Java stuff.

Thanks,
Phil