Old 11-02-2010, 02:42 PM
Alan Bartlett

Default Wiki Front Page

Ralph,

When you have a free moment, please edit the wiki front page and
adjust the second box with the header:

"Planet CentOS / Newsletter"

so that the latter part of the text reads:

". . . and the occasional CentOS Pulse newsletter."

In pseudo-code: sed 's/monthly/occasional/'

Alan.

Old 11-02-2010, 03:10 PM
Saulius Pobedinskas

Will do!

Old 11-02-2010, 03:25 PM
Ralph Angenendt

On Tue, Nov 2, 2010 at 5:10 PM, Saulius Pobedinskas
<spobedinskas@gmail.com> wrote:
> Will do!

That's very nice of you, but you really will not be able to change the
front page

Cheers,

Ralph

Old 11-02-2010, 03:33 PM
didi

Hey

On Tue, Nov 2, 2010 at 4:42 PM, Alan Bartlett <ajb@elrepo.org> wrote:
> In pseudo-code: sed 's/monthly/occasional/'

Maybe this is the time to talk about the future of the Newsletter. I
stopped doing it because I didn't really feel there was any support
available for it. It also didn't really seem like a lot of people were
interested in it. I suppose this was because of the format. What would
people want to see in a Newsletter?

Cheers Didi

--
Hoffmann Geerd-Dietger
http://contact.ribalba.de

Old 11-02-2010, 03:54 PM
Alan Bartlett

On 2 November 2010 16:33, didi <ribalba@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Tue, Nov 2, 2010 at 4:42 PM, Alan Bartlett <ajb@elrepo.org> wrote:
>> In pseudo-code: sed 's/monthly/occasional/'
>
> Maybe this is the time to talk about the future of the Newsletter. I
> stopped doing it because I didn't really feel there was any support
> available for it. It also didn't really seem like a lot of people were
> interested in it. I suppose this was because of the format. What would
> people want to see in a Newsletter?

Didi,

As you will recall, I tried to instigate such a discussion on the
promo list -- the net result was a few comments from the usual people.
:-)

In all honesty, I can not see any interest by the Community in such a
publication. :-(

If there is there is an eventual change, I'll be willing to cast a
critical eye over -- and give the final polish to -- anything that is
produced.

Alan.

Old 11-02-2010, 04:02 PM
Saulius Pobedinskas

Trying to be a friendly neighbour in a friendly neighbourhood

Old 11-02-2010, 04:48 PM
Alan Bartlett

On 2 November 2010 17:02, Saulius Pobedinskas <spobedinskas@gmail.com> wrote:
> Trying to be a friendly neighbour in a friendly neighbourhood

That's good of you. :-)

Two tips, for now:

(1) If I am unable to perform a task (hence I ask Ralph, the
wiki-meister), then you. neither, will not be able to do it.
(2) Please do not "top post" to CentOS m/ls.

Alan.