Old 10-19-2010, 06:46 AM
Timothy Lee

Default Automated listing of translations on each wiki page

Dear all,

On 10/13/2010 01:57 PM, Timothy Lee wrote:
> This is a continuation of the discussion on "Link to Chinese
> translation in Wiki frontpage" dated 7 May 2009.
>
> To re-cap, I have suggested that the patch in
> http://moinmo.in/FeatureRequests/ThisPageInOtherLanguages can be used
> to automatically generate links to translated pages at bottom right of
> the wiki panel. In addition, I have proposed that the use of a
> dictionary to look for translated page names should be dropped from
> the patch, since our wiki strictly uses locale prefixes to label
> translated pages.
>
> To that end, I have cooked up the proposed patch targeted for MoinMoin
> 1.5.9 (available in CentOS 5.5). I have uploaded the patch to
> http://moinmo.in/FeatureRequests/ThisPageInOtherLanguages?action=AttachFile&do=view &target=simpler.patch
> . It is also attached here.
>
> I sincerely hope that the patch can be applied to the official CentOS
> wiki, thereby making all translated pages a lot more more accessible
> to the public.
Ping?...

Old 11-22-2010, 08:25 PM
Marcus Moeller

Dear Ralph,

>>> I need to sync up with Ralph and get the dev instance of the wiki online
>>> again.
>>
>> Ping?...
>
> Really sorry. The guys where we host our test/dev vms had a rough time
> with their storage stuff, which made the vms rather unusable.
>
> <http://wiki.dev.centos.org/> to your liking? I like it

Looks fine so far. Only the CSS of the top menu is a bit broken.

--
Greets
Marcus

Old 11-23-2010, 06:38 AM
Marcus Moeller

Dear Timothy,

> On 11/23/2010 06:00 AM, Ralph Angenendt wrote:
>>
>> Am 22.11.10 22:25, schrieb Marcus Moeller:
>>>
>>> Dear Ralph,

>>> Looks fine so far. Only the CSS of the top menu is a bit broken.
>>
>> Where exactly? I ripped out an ad which crept into there, but that is
>> the same solution we have on the original, too.
>
> I now realize that CentOS have customized the Modern theme quite a bit.
> *Please find attached a patch against CentOS' screen.css. *The CSS
> declarations for ".navibar" and "#langbar" are now shared to ease future
> maintenance. *The broken top menu should also be fixed.
>
> The patch was made against
> http://wiki.centos.org/wiki/modern-CentOS/css/screen.css

Thanks for providing a patch.

Greets
Marcus

Old 11-29-2010, 09:38 AM
Ralph Angenendt

Hrm, looks like I only sent that to Timothy. I blame gmail

Cheers,

Ralph

Old 11-29-2010, 10:43 AM
Marcus Moeller

Dear Ralph.

> On Fri, Nov 26, 2010 at 3:09 PM, Ralph Angenendt
> <ralph.angenendt@gmail.com> wrote:
>> On Tue, Nov 23, 2010 at 2:40 AM, Timothy Lee <timothy.ty.lee@gmail.com> wrote:
>>> I now realize that CentOS have customized the Modern theme quite a bit.
>>> *Please find attached a patch against CentOS' screen.css. *The CSS
>>> declarations for ".navibar" and "#langbar" are now shared to ease future
>>> maintenance. *The broken top menu should also be fixed.
>>>
>>> The patch was made against
>>> http://wiki.centos.org/wiki/modern-CentOS/css/screen.css
>>
>> If I resize the window to be smaller than 1200 pixels in width, it now
>> messes up the langbar by "pushing down" the leftmost button. Obviously
>> this only happens when you actively select a page and that then shows
>> up on the right hand of the navigation bar.
>>
>> I'd rather have a bit more vertical space between navibar and langbar,
>> so this cannot happen.

Do you think it could be possible to use a pulldown bar for language
selection like in:

http://wiki.centos.org/ArtWork/Style/Web/Default

Maybe we could also adopt this css to Mantis, but I never hacked a
Mantis theme before. Could you perhaps send me the one that is
currently used, so I can take a look at the structure?

--
Greets
Marcus

Old 11-29-2010, 11:25 AM
Ralph Angenendt

Grrr.

Stupid gmail. Sorry again

On Mon, Nov 29, 2010 at 1:24 PM, Ralph Angenendt

Old 12-02-2010, 04:48 PM
Jerry Amundson

Ralph, gmail is working for me. Are you using the *left* mouse button? :-)

On Mon, Nov 29, 2010 at 6:53 PM, Timothy Lee <timothy.ty.lee@gmail.com> wrote:
> Dear Marcus,
>
> On 11/29/2010 07:43 PM, Marcus Moeller wrote:
>> Dear Ralph.

>> Do you think it could be possible to use a pulldown bar for language
>> selection like in:
>>
>> http://wiki.centos.org/ArtWork/Style/Web/Default
>>
>> Maybe we could also adopt this css to Mantis, but I never hacked a
>> Mantis theme before. Could you perhaps send me the one that is
>> currently used, so I can take a look at the structure?
> Generating the options for the pull-down list should be quite easy --
> just changing a few lines in the code. *The down side is that those
> links would not be picked up by search engines. *You must also use
> either javascript or server-side logic to do the page redirection.

If the "This wiki in ..." line towards the bottom is to replicate the
langbar (or pulldown bar), then that *would* be picked up by search
engines, correct?

Also, could the two be sync'd up? Meaning, have the same languages, in
the same order, with the same look. Per the latter, the en and de
pages display a text description, while the es page uses two-letter
code, and es has horizontal lines bordering it (which I like), whereas
en and de are plain.

jerry

Old 12-02-2010, 08:46 PM
Akemi Yagi

On Thu, Dec 2, 2010 at 1:33 PM, Ralph Angenendt
<ralph.angenendt@gmail.com> wrote:
> Am 02.12.10 18:48, schrieb Jerry Amundson:
>> Ralph, gmail is working for me. Are you using the *left* mouse button? :-)
>
> I am used to a "reply to list/all" option when handling mailing lists

> Ralph

On my gmail account, 'Reply to all' is the default. So, I just
left-mouse-click on it.

Go to Settings -> Labs and enable the Default 'Reply to all' option.

Akemi